Medical Questions > Parenting > Teens Forum

Best friend Ditches me for boyfriend its only been 5 months!

User Profile
Hey ,
My best friend who i have known for approx 5 years has got herself a boy friend,
ever since they got together i find it hard to talk to her, see her or even just hang out with her..
She has always been like a little sister to me and she means alot to me since she was the reason why i went through treatment for my illness..
She has always been there for me and kept me under her wing.. as i have a very awkward mother.
In march 8 days before my borthday she got together with this guy.. who i have saw myself have trie to hit on my other girl friend and her sister.. and heard from others my cousin.
Just hearing that put me off..what mad eme more angry was that.. on my borthday he kept texting her when me and her went shopping as my birthday treat just me and her..
Through the movie aswell.. i even said ' if u dont stop txting i will thgrow your phone across the room and stamp on it'
but she didn take me seriously..
and the next day she did the same txt txt txt!
it was so ignorant of him ! and her!
we have been on and off arguing because of him and i personally think she has changed.. she doesn call me, talk to me, txt me or hang out!
Im always trying saying 'so when u free ect wanna do something?' it even got to a point where she ditched me on a planned aevent cause her bf said.
ever since she met him shes been very head in the clouds and stuck up thinks shes better, as for her bf.. i dont like him.. he's rude immature and personally i think he's useless cause of the things he says thinks and acts.. hes not a man hes still a boy however old he is!. i mean i can be a better man that he is! she can do so much better than that!,i have got used to the fact she has a bf.. what i dont like is that she ditches me over him!, the way she acts so stuck up ! im sick of it!
she tells me she'd never ditch me over a bf .. she still did..
maybe its cause its her first and shes still naieve
everytime we try to talk i always cry
i have got to the point where i have stopped caring , we were supposed to do theory driving test together in the end i did mine and she didn.. she has slacked off so much which isn like her..
I have said all i could to let her know how i feel and have shed too many tears.. that im literally dry..
should i just move on and forget her.. let her dig herself a deeper grave?
or should i be that friend and wait?
I am happy for her that she found someboidy.. but anybody but him i am happy.. but not with the way shes changed...
what should i do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
Experienced User
This is the same thing that happened to me. My best friend of over 3 years got a serious boyfriend, and started ditching me for him. I got tired of it and eventually told her I was sick of it and for her to call me when she was done screwing around. We are no longer friends, she's not who she used to be, she's very naive and takes the personality of whomever she is with. I don't think you should do that though, you should wait for her, but try to find new friends for the time being. They won't be together forever, and she will come running back to you when they break up. A bad friend would blow her off and say "I told you so", but don't be that friend. When they do break it off be the friend whose shoulder she can lean on, and listen to her, she will most likely apologize for ditching you so much. First boyfriend is always the hardest, especially when you are young.
|

User Profile
replied August 22nd, 2010
Hey thanks for replying .. I always thought in my head out of spite that i would ditch her when she vreaks up.. just for my own ease of her being ditched.. then thought i dont think i could do it.. Im not sure.. i think its just anger thats bothering me so much.
It's her first bf, and i know she will soon have to leave him as she is going to university which means she has to leave the country.
i dont know what they will do nor do i care no more..
she once asked me before she met him was that she wanted me to go see her ever since she went out with him.. it seems i dont exist..
the boy is very laid back and spoilt unlike me and her we have to work and help the family business. he doesn since hes the only son a and b their rich.
hes not in education and is doing a apprentiship,I have suffered for so long .. it was probs the worse bday i had.. was to be annoyed at her stupidity and selfishness.im really am getting sick of it and ended up ignoring her trying to get my attention because theirs no one at her feet. well thats what i think anyway i am tired... what should i do is there anyway out?
|

replied August 23rd, 2010
Experienced User
Yeah, of course, are you going to school? If she is leaving then it gives you the opportunity to make new friends. It's always hard losing a best friend, because you share so many memories; sometimes I think of my old best friend and how much fun we used to have and how we are not friends anymore. But, I know it's for the best and I know that our friendship isn't worth mending. You will move on and find new friends, it will be hard at first, but it will eventually happen, and she will regret not being a better friend.
|

replied January 25th, 2011
It happened to me 2!
hey the same happened 2 me. My Bff was with this guy who was like 3 yrs older than her and she was only 12! Yeh and instead of taking it slowly she was like driving down the highway at like 200km an hour! he and her both did scouts right (so did I) and everytime she was around him she was like so mean and everytime I would ask her something she was all "whatever" or she totally ignored me. Also she started calling me studpid or idiot if I did something wrong around him. And then they broke up and a few months later after another 2 other boyfriends I thought she was taking a break over boys for a while. So I go over 2 her house for a sleepover thinking that everything was fine and she was single and do you know what she did!! She talked on the phone for 8 hrs to the original boy we did scouts with! She wanted 2 go out with him again so instead of not helping her, I decided to help. I would write things on her phone and she was meant to say them but instead she said I was there and blew it. Then while she was on the phone I was playing on her Ipod touch but everytime i got something wrong on one of the games she started verbal abuse calling me names and that. And it was like 2 at night and I was tired so I tried going to sleep. But I couldn't and when I told her to be quiet she told me to shut up. I asked if she was willing to give me an extra blanket so I could sleep else where but she said no. So I was stuck up with her yakking the whole night. Take my advice, it wasn't the first time she had done that. I tried confronting her about her behaviour but she had denied everything. She was a new person. Someone who when was taken was horrible and mean and then when single, grovelled back until she liked some other poor kid. Every time they get a new boyfriend this is what will happen. They will only change when it is too late. If you really beleive your friend will change stick by her but do other things with other friends and let her do her thing. The one thing she don't need is you crowding her cause she will be mean to u to get rid of u. If you don't think this will be a once in a lifetime change and she will go back to normal afterwards stick by her. Good luck!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied November 9th, 2012
Hey, So this may be a tad of a late reply and all but.. I shall put my two cents in. This is currently like the situation I'm in at the moment. So this girl I've known for 6 years, and has been my best friend for 1, has been dating this guy for 10 months. Every time we make plans she ditches me, or says her parents won't let her out.. And guess what? That's right I see her with her boyfriend instead. I have been there through thick and thin with her, waiting on her every call... Every time something happens and she is upset I pick up the pieces. Recently everything I've worked for over the past 12 years of schooling was sadly ripped from my grasp, I was a complete mess and just needed my best friend to talk to. But she wasn't willing to ditch her boyfriend to come over and see if I was okay and help me through it. Ever since then I've been asking myself if it's worth it or not.. I vote you move on. Find someone better, I get that friends need to spend time with their boyfriends, but when they are ditching you on a regular basis just walk away. She/he will realise what they've missed out on. Smile
|