Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Skin Forum

Belly button rash...

Must Read
Acne is a common skin condition - but what types of acne can a person have? Start learning about acne here....
Does chocolate or greasy food cause acne? Learn the difference between fact and myth...plus who is at risk for getting acne?...
Severity of acne and symptoms vary by individual. Learn the difference between mild and sever acne here...and when you should seek medical help for acne....
I just got my belly button pierced a week and a bit ago and i was told to use bactine only...i got a small rash on about the 4th day so i tried to use salt water and bactine and put anti itch creams on it...it didnt hurt and its like a ring outside my belly button not near the piercing but surrounding my whole belly button..it turned into a flat red irritation and the doctor suggested cortisone cream but i went back to the piercer and he said i made it worse by using too many things and not to use the cream and just use the bactine..what should i do?! please please answer ASAP!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 19th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi kperxo and welcome to ehealth: I would just soak it in very warm to near hot water about four times a day...Keep it clean and cover with a gauze if you have a rubbing area....If it acts up see a physician....Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?