Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

Belly button pain ??

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I have pain right below my belly button now. It use to hurt when i would walk..so i went to the doctor about 4 days ago and she said that the muscles that are stitched together are right near my belly button and she said its swollen down there. She said that the pain that i am feeling is muscle pain that is right above the incision to the bellu button. Is this all this is?

I am trying to get back into basketball but when i go up to shoot...i feel that muscle pull when it stratches and its painful. How long until this pain by the belly button goes away? They said heat and 800mg of Ibprofin 3 times a day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 4th, 2009
You do not indicate what type of surgery (and for what reason) you have recently undergone, or when you had this surgery, which makes it difficult for me offer any suggestions.

In general, however, it takes at least 6 to 8 weeks after abdominal surgery for the soreness in the area of the incision to subside. Even at 8 weeks after surgery, however, only about 70 to 75% of healing has occurred, and additional healing may continue for up to a year after surgery. Strenuous physical activities in the early weeks and months following abdominal surgery is, therefore, quite common.

Your surgeon has, hopefully, ruled-out a hernia, or infection, in the area of your surgical scar. If so, then ibuprofen and either (or both) hot pads or ice packs to the area of the incision may be helpful. Also, you may need to slow down your basketball-related activities to allow for further healing of your incision.

Please note that only your own physician or surgeon can give you specific advice about your condition, as I am, obviously, unable to personally examine you.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied July 30th, 2009
hello
|

replied July 30th, 2009
Speaking of which, I've been lifting heavy and a few weeks ago started hurting down at my testicle area. They swelled a bit but no lumps visible. I layed off the gym for 5 days and the swelling went away but there was a little sagging. I went to the hospital and they checked for hernia and said they could find nothing with the ultrasound and told me to see a urologist. I've held off due to lack of funds but the testicles get sore at times but now i feel pressure under my belly button. Whats my next step and what could this be?
|

replied November 5th, 2010
i had a tummy tuck 8 years ago and ever since right above my belly button there ha sbeen a knot abd just now it hurts swo bad like i have a pulled musel it hurts bad i have lost weight and i do alot of lifting so whats wrong it realy hurts
|

replied November 5th, 2010
i had a tummy tuck 8 years ago and ever since right above my belly button there has been a knot and it just now starting hurting so bad like i have a pulled musel it hurts bad i have lost weight and i do alot of lifting so whats wrong it really hurts. its like something wants to pop out if i push in above my belly button it feels better but when i let out wow it hurts also if i cough or sneeze it hurts bad so what do i neede to do to see if it is just a musel it burns ands stings
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.