Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

belly button leaked liquid and has bad smell.

Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
hai...now my age is 23..since from 15 years old, my belly button paining and sometimes leaked something like liquid and bad smell..and sometimes bleeding but, not over..itz start pain when wear pants even it is not fit on belly..i don't know why itz happen..how can cure it? thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Gaelic
|

User Profile
replied January 6th, 2012
Especially eHealthy
austin980,

It is not uncommon for the skin on the inside of the umbilicus (belly button) to become irritated. This irritation can be from mechanical reasons, such as your clothing rubbing across it. It can be from not getting the area really clean when showering. And, it needs to be really dried well after you shower, as continued moisture in the umbilicus can cause skin breakdown. Some body powders can cause irritation of the skin, both mechanically and by inflammation.

So, you may just need to take a few extra moments each day to really clean out the belly button. Use a Q-tip (cotton tipped applicator) to get all of the dead skin, lint, body powder, etc out of it. Make sure it is completely dry. Try to make sure you clothing doesn't rub directly on it.

If you use a body powder, the type that is natural corn starch is probably the best to use. Try to avoid talc or anything with artificial scents.

If however, this does not take care of the problem, you could have an infection, such as the fungal one which affects the areas between the toes or in the groin region. It really likes the moist areas.

If this is the case, then you may need to see your physician, just be make sure that is what it is. If it is, it can usually be treated easily with some antifungal cream.

You are not alone. This is actually very common. And once it is cleared up, you may notice that it comes back once in a while. Good luck.
|

replied January 15th, 2012
thank you...Smile
|

replied May 18th, 2012
Like Austin 980 my 21 year old son dipping blood and pus from his belly button with a foul smell without pain. Appreciate if you would comment. Thank you.
|

replied August 5th, 2012
belly button problems
Cool down guys, just eat yogurt at least once in a week....
be happy
|

replied October 3rd, 2012
hernia with liquid coming out. went to emergency room today
I have been having the same issues for a couple weeks and then noticed yesterday that i had a bump in my belly button and it hurts just to move, bend, lean. I went to the Emergency Room today and the dr. literally tortured me by pushing on it so i wouldnt have to have surgery...but it hurt so bad i was crying (they already had put morphene and valume in my IV) the pain was too much to bare so i have to have surgery. The doctor said it was a hernia but not impelical because the bump was small. I didnt have any liquid come out till after the dr. pushed real hard of it and it smells gross too. The dr. told me that the hernia has fat trapped inside which was no blood flow so it is dying inside.
|

replied November 3rd, 2012
Liquid from belly
Hey, i am 23 years old, and i an having some bad smelling liquid coming out from my belly. What is the problem? there is no pain or any sort of other prob, just a very little amount of liquid in the belly..
|

replied November 30th, 2013
Hi,

I also had the same problem, It happens because when you trim or shave your chest and stomach area, when the hard hair goes into your navel,it cuts the inner skin.
All you need to do is .. get some copper sulphate crystal..(blue colour)
and put a small stone of Copper sulphate in your navel,
its going to hurt alot but you will be fine in 3-4 days.
|