Medical Questions > Relationships > Caregivers Forum

Becoming CNA...hopefully will be nurse sometime in the future!

Must Read
Understanding the process of aging and its effects on the body can help us protect our health. But what is aging? And what can we expect as we age?...
Learn how genetics and time play a role in the aging process. Plus, information on how to avoid certain risk factors of aging and how to have a long life here....
The body deteriorates over time. But which systems are affected and how? We take a look at effects of aging on different processes and causes here....
I took CNA classes last summer, this summer I'm actually looking into getting a cna jo somewhere...any suggestions besides a hospital? i looked into home health care but was told not to do that, was thinking about doin assisted living but I just wanna do something i enjoy, this will be my first job in the health care field and i'm kinda nervous! I'm still in school and hoping/PRAYING to get into a nursing school SOMEWHERE when I apply haha...I would really love to go into neonatal eventually or something to do with babies..though..i dont want one of mine own anytime soon Smile but...any words of advice from other nurses around here is greatly appreciated!!!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
wonderful---we will be praying for you. do let us know
|

replied May 24th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
sorry, CNA?
|

replied May 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
certified nurse assistant
|

replied May 27th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
ohhhh. Like Health Care Aide in Canada? Or LPN?
|

User Profile
replied May 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
healthcare aid---lpn is a nurse
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
yep, just healthcare aid...theres an assisted living home not too far from me thats hiring and i have a friend working at another and she said they might hire me..so we'll see! i'm just ready to get DONE with school and get into nursing...i'd really love to work with babies, maybe in labor/delivery or neonatal, i just think thats something I'd enjoy doing
|

replied May 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Congrats on your schooling and becoming a CNA.
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
|

replied May 30th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
thank you! I'm really looking forward to getting into nursing school...kinda stressed out about applying its really competetive...i'm really nervous about getting a cna job as well...i dont know why really...i filled out an application for home health care but they said I needed 1 year experience...i put on the application that I didn't have the one year experience but still got a call back so..i guess we'll see how that goes
|

User Profile
replied December 14th, 2009
schooling
don't most cna training courses only take a few weeks. you don't really do much. i've been in and out of hospitals and asisted living homes and pretty much everywhere else you can imagine and cnas really just cater to the patients needs. no real medical stuff going on there.
|

replied May 26th, 2011
You will get job easily without much effort as today there are lots of jobs available for CNA's. And After completing cna training it is convenient to enter the medical field to choose your career goal. All the best!
|

User Profile
replied August 18th, 2011
CNA work experience
Learn all you can learn as a CNA, because when you become a nursing student all your hands-on experience will be priceless.
|