Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

bartholin's cyst ruptured ?

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
Im not sure if its exactly what I have but I do know it is very swollen and hurts ALOT. The Dr gave me antibiotics for it and I have a follow up this week...I just dont remember if he said it was a cyst or just the gland infected. Either way I wanted to know how am I suposed to know when it actually ruptures or starts to drain. What does it feel like?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 3rd, 2008
Supporter
You'll probably feel a release of pressure when a cyst or abscess pops. A small surgical cut can completely drain the abscess. This provides the greatest relief and the fastest recovery. This procedure can be done under local anesthesia in a doctor's office. A catheter (tube) may be used to continue to allow draining while the area heals.

Call your doctor if you find a painful, swollen lump on the labia near the vaginal opening and that does not improve with 2-3 days of home treatment, if pain is severe and interferes with normal activity or if you develop a fever higher than 100.4.
|
Did you find this post helpful?