Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hemorrhoids Forum

Banding to make pile fall out ?

I had banding just yesterday for 3 hemmroids, this afternoion i got a sudden urge to go for a BM. When I went, I didn't have a bowel movement but one of the white bands came out on the toilet paper. The hospital said it should take 7 - 10 days for the pile to actually fall out and the band to fall out also. I rang the hospital and they said it can take any ammount of time from a few hours to a few weeks. I'm not sure if i need the treatment again or if its normal for the bands to fall off so quikly after treatment?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper milestone
|

User Profile
replied December 23rd, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi milestone....Your best information is going to come from your hospital...They are the ones who are knowledgeable along this line...I would like to help, but I have never had this done...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied February 9th, 2011
Rubber band hemmorrhoid surgery experience
I had rubber band ligation done on hemorrhoids 3 weeks ago with a colonoscopy done same time. It was done outpatient. Demerol and versed were used for sedation. I woke in severe pain. Not gas, rectal pain! I was on percocet for 3 days as the pain was severe for that period of time. I also used our jacuzzi tub daily and a heating pad. At the end of 3 days pain was gone completely. At day 8 hemorrhoids fell off during BM, which by the way, was not that painful even on day 1-3. There was a small amount of blood when they fell off. I went back to work and resumed normal activity after a week. The pain relief is so profound I highly recommend this procedure for stage 1-2-3 hemmorrhoidal relief. I am so glad I did it. Get a good surgeon and ask questions. Everyone reacts differently to the drugs. Don't consent to versed without checking out warnings. Good luck.
|

replied June 15th, 2013
I have just had this operation done on three hemeroids. The anethnatist said i was due in for a full anasteatic as I had suffered severe pain and have a deaseaed colon. I woke up with total paralysis as they did a spinal block. they didnt say I would be paralysed for the rest of the day. The doctors should have come around the following day but forgot and when I asked to see one, The doctor admitted that they had miscalculated the operation and had ignored the previous doctors advice that general anesthesic be used as there were complications with outside hemeroids. Non of these were done and I now have to go in again to have a second operation with all the pain associated to have the external ones cut out.I have to ask now is the pain and risk worth it.
|