Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Bad Teeth Cause Anxiety/Panic Attacks?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
i am just curious if bad teeth can lead to having anxiety/panic attacks. i have had anxiety issues for a while now and not able to work and drive and so on cause of the attacks i have had. but i was just curious if having bad teeth can cause the body to start anxiety and so on. i have all 4 of my wisdom teeth in and they are rotting away and then i have one molar that is gone and the other 3 have either holes in them or need some type of work done on em. please let me know if this can cause anxiety to happen over time and such. i want my life back and been dealing with anxiety for over 2 years now Sad
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 26th, 2011
How's it going? I was replying and wondering if you had gotten any insight on this subject because I too have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks and I'm not really sure what caused them or what keeps them coming back... I have really bad teeth, there's atleast five teeth in my mouth that need to be pulled or have some sort of work on them... I think I have a couple abcessed teeth too because every now and then my jaw and gum gets swollen. And I'm starting to wonder if this may have been the cause because I always remember my mom telling since I was younger that bad teeth could mess with your health a lot... Any insight on this matter??
|

replied March 26th, 2011
i havent heard anything from anyone off this site especially a doc or whatever this site is for. i been waiting for days and nothing. but i am curious just as much as you. but will keep you posted if anything happens. sorry to hear you are having the same issues man.
|

replied August 28th, 2011
i do suffer from anxiety too and have also teeth issues. Did you get it solved or did you get any answer?
|

replied August 26th, 2012
tooth infection and anxiety
Yes infected tooth and gums can cause symptoms of lightheaded
And headaches simply because your teeth are in your head.
The lightheadedness and the fatigue due to the infection in your head
Can trigger anxiety and if severe can lead to panic attacks.
Anxiety is easily reversable if your body is healthy without infection
Stress on the body. My advice to you all is keep your head healthy
And the rest of your body and you may find your anxiety to come to a stop.
Also beware that anxiety makes you feel that you are not the
The person that you used to be which is not true,you are the same person
The only thing that has changed is that your awareness is
Heightened and you over analyze everything including your body
Self. The best way is to except how you are now and forget about
The "old me" myth, and use your anxiety to your advantage it cant kill you
And what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.anxiety can be a blessing
In disguise if your attitude is correct. Peace.salaam.
|

replied June 16th, 2014
Dental ? Social Anxiety Disorder
I did the root canal in 2 days, taking antibiotic Penicillin course, and my anxiety disappears automatically and be myself again...

Infection in mouth DOES connect with ANXIETY if you google search "tooth infection cause anxiety"
INFECTION: Infections in the mouth (infected root canal teeth, infections in the jawbone from previously extracted teeth, infections under old fillings, periodontal or gum infections) provide a reservoir of toxic substances, which filter through the lymphatic or drainage system and concentrate within the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland contributes much to the mental health of the patient. Disturbed function can result in depression, anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia, voices in the head and insomnia.
|

replied June 16th, 2014
INFECTION: Infections in the mouth (infected root canal teeth, infections in the jawbone from previously extracted teeth, infections under old fillings, periodontal or gum infections) provide a reservoir of toxic substances, which filter through the lymphatic or drainage system and concentrate within the thyroid gland. The thyroid gland contributes much to the mental health of the patient. Disturbed function can result in depression, anxiety, panic attacks, paranoia, voices in the head and insomnia.

Please Google search "tooth infection cause anxiety"
I posted a link in former message but wonder the forum admin will allow it or not.
|

replied June 18th, 2014
Bad Teeth
I to get this it is horrible. Feels like im going to pass out for the past 3.5 months????
|

replied June 18th, 2014
I to have been having this, but its horrible, been feeling this way for past 3.5 months. Is this really possible???
|

replied June 18th, 2014
Try Vitamin D3 4000 IU one per day also
Also same time I took Vitamin-D3 4000 IU one per day, this Vitamin may be the part instead of infection ... so try the Vitamin also.
|

replied June 30th, 2014
Its from clenching or grinding your teeth. Muscles in jaw refer to teeth..jaw..ear...hear. My mom had a bad toothache and i told her it wasnt her tooth....it was her jaw muscles cuz they were tight. she insisted it was and the dentist said she was fine and didnt need a root canal...she continued to have the pain and finally she went to doctor n he thinks its her jaw!
I also had a root canal and get random aches in that tooth. Not horrible..very mild but noticable. Its probably normal.
But if you think its more noticable when you have anxiety or stressed then its definently your muscles.
|