Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

Bad taste in nipples

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
im not pregnant and never been pregnant. the problem is my nipples taste somthing close to onion taste... so does anyone know how to get rid of it.. i mean to clean ur nipples properly so it dosn't taste bad..ive been searching internet for a solution but im not havin any luck in it...

hope u guys wud help me out... Smile
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 18th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
hi
Hey hun the reason is pretty much sweat, and the bacteria already in your mouth causes it to taste like onion nothing to worry about Jenny
|

really?? O.o well thts easy to solve Very Happy i live in a tropical island so..sweat definitely is the problem here i guess
Thankyou so much for helping me out ^.^
|

Extremely eHealthy
no problem hun anytime Smile
|

replied January 20th, 2009
Hello
I think you should use a type of food if someone is sucking them. Are you sucking them Hun?
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
hi
someone is...hehe what type of food shud i use?
|

replied April 26th, 2009
my girlfriends nipples taste like onions. even if she just came out of the shower. she does have onions in her diet. but im not convinced that if she cuts out onions from her diet that it will solve it
|

replied June 13th, 2009
Experienced User
Do not forget that whatever you eat, will reflect on the content from your mammary gland which comes out of your nipple. Example, when you breast feed your baby, the same happens to your milk.

There is also an other theory which underwire bras could be the cause of that problem. By wearing underwire bras, you are cutting off your mammary glands, your lymphatic and your circulatory system.

In order to see a change, you should look to correct these problems.

All my best
|

replied April 27th, 2012
could it be related to breast cancer because i am having this issue and it is so embarrassing and I have a lump in R breast that is painful. Does anyone know if the onion taste could be linked to cancer?
|

replied April 27th, 2012
Community Volunteer
Cancer does not taste of anything. If it did, we coud just have licked our breasts instead of doing mamograms.

Please see your doctor urgently about the lump you are feeling.
|

replied October 21st, 2012
Mines tastes the same way, i dont suck them but someone does.. she doesnt seem to have a problem with it but it bothers me. i also have lumps in my brest but when i got a sonogram of them it didnt appear to be a tumor. Just tissue.
|
Quick Reply