Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

bad taste in back of mouth

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
does or as anyone ever got a bad taste in back of mouth after eating almost anything?and then upper back starts tingling with a bit of discomfort? also a yellow coated tongue. ive been dentist everything ok. im going back to drs next week.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 3rd, 2008
It sounds like you are experiencing acid reflux. If that is the case then your doctor would determine what medication you would need to take and for how long. I suffer severe acid reflux so I have to take medication for the foreseeable future. It sounds like you may be suffering mild acid reflux in which case I know many people who took medication for a short period and the cause of the reflux was allowed to heal after which they were reflux free without medication.
|

User Profile
replied September 4th, 2008
Experienced User
thanks for your reply. do you get tingling in your upper back ? ive been on lansaprazole /omeprazole and i still get that bad taste in mouth . so now im just taking gaviscon if and when i need it but really that doesnt help .
|

replied September 4th, 2008
Well my reflux is way beyond a tingling sensation and is generally debilitating in strength. It is so strong it feels like my chest cavity has acid sludging around in it.

For more mild heartburn people sometimes describe it as a tingling sensation. The acid generally falls in your esophagus with gravity so if you are laying down or sitting back then you most certainly could feel the sensation towards the back. The bad taste in the throat and yellow tongue are sometimes associated with heartburn. Take a look at these wikipedia articles on GERD and on Heartburn.

I am not a doctor so I am not saying this is the only possibility. This is just something I am familiar with.
|

replied September 5th, 2008
Have you had your sinuses check u might want to see an ENT.
|