Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Bad smell after miscarriage

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
My fiance and i were devestated when we lost our much wanted baby two months ago due to a very bad urinary tract infection and kidney infection, last month i had a couple of spots of blood mixed in clear discharge but no period, but for 3 weeks now i have had very bad vaginal odour and digusting thick yellow and green discharge that smells fishy and like pus, two weeks ago i was examined by a doctor and diagnosed with thrush and treated with thrush cream and tablet that came in box but the smell has come back worse than ever, i was on anti-biotics after miscarriage. also my partner said it smells as if there must be somthing rotting inside me, could it be possible that doctors left something inside me as they just told me to go home streight after i lost our baby. please help as my fiance and i want to start a family as soon as possible, but i still have't had my period sice the miscarriage.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2010
Supporter
hello and welcome this sounds like a bad case of bacterial vaginitis..Alot of us women suffer this as i did last year and constantly feel as if because you smell it others can.
Im from uk and i used a weeks course of balance active ph available from pharmacy and cost $10 and it worked a treat for me after months of suffering..
It does have a god awful smell i was like an old sewer and made me so self concious that iy didn,t matter what i used or how clean i kept myself it was always there.

I would have check up to see why your period has not returned for your own peace of mind..Sorry to hear of your miscarriage and i don,t think doctor would have left anything inside you.

This worked for me with the bad odour and never been troubled since your pharmacy shall know the name it comes under in the states.Someone on here may also know but it nothing your doing wrong.

good luck raechelle try not to worry.
|

User Profile
replied January 10th, 2010
Supporter
if you have a urinary track infection for along time it can infect your kidneys.
You should make sure you got rid of your UTI (because mines came back and the doctor gave me stronger medicine).

An odor is commonly from bacterial and you should make sure you get checked again, or see another doctor. Is your doctor male or female? I think a female would be more understanding in situations like this.
|