Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Sinusitis Forum

Bad sinus infection

Must Read
Do you have a cold or a sinus infection? Learn the difference plus more info on different types of sinus infections (sinusitis) here....
What can cause a short-term or long-term case of sinus infection? We review both. Learn how to avoid the risk of developing an infection in this section....
What are the first signs that you have trouble with your sinuses? Learn to identify a sinus infection early ... plus know when you should seek medical help....
i been on antibotics for almost a week doc said i have a sinustis infection , ive been feeling tired ,weak,burning sometimes in my head, lots of preasure in my head and neck pain also chills (hot then cold)... i feel congested in my head but dont have no nasal drip any suggestion on my syptoms as in what i can do and will it ever go away because i feel like it wont
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 13th, 2009
SInus
I am feeling the same and I also been to doctor! help
|

replied October 21st, 2009
Ongoing sinus infection
I was diagnosed with a sinus infection about 6 weeks ago....went through 10 days of antibiotics. Did not get relief right away so I stayed on psudefed for about 3 weeks....when I tried to go off it, the infection flaired up again even worse. Must not have totally gotten ride of it. Went back to the doctor and was given a stronger antibiotic which I've been on for about 7 or 8 days...I'm losing track it's been going on so long.....I still feel mostly like crap but this morning I felt my sinuses draining into the back of my throat so that tells me maybe things are unclogging in my head:)

My doctor told me that sinus infection are very hard to get rid of. My ears and throat have been sore too so now I'm just waiting for things to improve. My doctor also told me to get a Neti Pot...which is a little tea pot looking device that you put saline rinse packets in with lukewarm water and rise out your sinuses. I also used Afrin for 3 days so I could breath....you can't use it any longer because it's addictive and starts causeing conjestion after 3 days. I also use Flonaze which helps keep the sinuses moist...I think it's also a steroid....and I'm taking psuedifed because my doc said it's the only one that won't make all the mucus in my head even thicker....she told me not to use benadryl type antihystamines because they will prolong the infection. I also started drinking more water and I really think that is helping. Longterm use of the Neti Pot and Drinking lots of water are really important to use with your antibiotic if you want to get ride of the infection for good. Honestly, the first time I was diagnosed, I only took my antibiotic and pro biotic and did nothing else exept take psuedifed and tylonol for the symptoms. I've never had a sinus infection before so I guess I didn't take it seriously enough. Now I am:) Hope you feel better soon!
|

User Profile
replied December 5th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Hi nina81109
Get you a netti pot, it is a small like kettle pot that comes with saline packets or you can purchase them in any drug store or order them online. You simply pour the saline solution into the netti pot tilt your had sideways and allow the salty water run from one nostril out the other, do this a couple of times for several day, you will feel like new.

Good Luck,
Faded Rose
|
Quick Reply