Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Bad odor from vagina (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
its very embarrassing, but i have a really bad odour coming from my vagina. it might sound gross but it smells like fart :$ & people have also picked up on the smell and i just have to say sorry ive passed wind. my discharge doesnt smell that pleasent either. its not a sexually transmitted diisease as i havent had sex. its been going on for a few months, esspecially worse after my period but this time its lingered on a lot longer than 2 days. im really embarrassed about going to the doctors. is there anything that could be prescribe to prevent going. :/ ??
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper thecurethecure
|

replied February 4th, 2009
ok first and foremost you should deff. see a doctor it could be your diet. drink lots of water and stay away form too much red meats. try not to wash your vagina with soap too often if you want use an antibacterial soap or try diluting some vinegr in water and clean yourself when you bathe.the vinegar helps in balancing the natural acidic balance. but dont use too much vinegar
|

replied June 7th, 2011
If your'e pregnant and haven't went to the doctor,should you still use the vinegar.................cuz it smells so often that i don't wanna have sex
|

replied February 7th, 2009
baking soda
I have heard of using baking soda to wash with.
|

replied March 24th, 2012
see a doctor,preferrably a nice lady for an OB
it may sound embarassing but u have to see the doctor it can only vagina bacteriosis which is caused by a bacteria, my OB told me it was normal for ladies as our vagina is really sensitive.overwashing,underwashing,harsh/h armful fem wash can be the cause not necessarily poor hygene. What i did was, i made sure i shaved and wash my private part thoroughly and my OB used some sort of cotton buds to get a specimen and tested it and we found out its a positive Vagina Bacteriosis, after 1 week of antibiotic my nightmare is totally over
|

replied June 2nd, 2009
i have the exact same problem right now!!!
im really stessed out about it. did you ever figure out what it was? if so would you please let me know what it was for you. im really embarrassed to go see my doctor. or talk about it to anyone.
|

User Profile
replied June 3rd, 2009
Hello. I know the solution to your problem. I have had yeast infection before. For me, during pregnancy, that is usually the time that the infection occurs, with a cheesy white to yellowish smelly discharge and itching on the genital. I was afraid to take medication since I was pregnant that is why I turned to Natural and Home made remedies and it was quite successful. I just hope it works for you too...

Natural Remedies

• Dip your tampon into yogurt, insert it in your vagina, and let it stay there for a few hours. Do this twice a day, and continue this remedy for an extra day once the itchiness and burning have gone away. Make sure that you use plain and unsweetened yogurt.

• Garlic has strong antifungal properties. You may chew and swallow at least one raw garlic clove every day. For non-vaginal yeast infections, you may apply garlic paste on the affected area.

• Mix 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of water. Put one clove of crushed garlic in it. Let the mixture stand for some time before using it as vaginal douche.

• Pour a few drops of tea tree oil on a tampon and insert it on the vagina.

• Extracts of aloe vera plant can relieve itching and burning sensations in oral, vaginal, and penile yeast infections.

Additional Home Remedies

• Make a paste out of water and elm powder. Apply the mixture to the affected area. This will relieve itching, but will not kill the fungus that's responsible for infection.

• Mix a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide with 1 cup of water. Douche the solution once a day, and continue until a day after the itchiness and burning sensations subside.

I hope you will find this helpful.
PAIGE
|

replied September 28th, 2009
no way should at any time should a woman douche herself with hydrogen peroxide at any time you silly girl .douching is not a safe thing to do anyway and also never put any undiluted oils on youre vagina 1 drop of tee tree iol to match one half pint of water to wash with externally
|

replied July 21st, 2010
I have a oder coming from the vagina area it is a fishy smell i have had a historectamy a year ago could that b it i can smell it but my fiance says he cant why
|

replied December 1st, 2010
I am having the same thing!! I have been to the doctor twice within the past 4 months for it. The first time they gave me antibiotics that I take for 7 or 10 days (dont remember) then the second time they gave me about 4 pills (stronger antibiotic) to take all at once.... for a bacterial infection. NO change. I have sensitive skin and wash my clothes in dye/perfume free soap... along with my body. I haven't changed anything in my routine, so I can't understand why there is a horible odor (not fishy). I don't itch and there isnt really any extra discharge.... I am a student and I don't have insurance so I can't afford to keep going back to the doctor!!!
|

replied December 7th, 2010
thats the same thing im going through. sensitive skin and my first yeast infection was when i was prego with our twins and used a different soap and my gyno. told me to go back to my dove sensitive skin soap. its worse after i have sex and ive been tested for vaginitous (dont know if i spelled that right) and it was negative. no discharge except if i stick my finger deep inside and its thin and white and thats what smells. its not the usual fishy period smell but more cheesy or poopy. ive never experienced this b4 and although my hubby and i have been together the jist of 16 years and he says it doesnt bother him, it bothers me alot. what the heck is going on? anyone?
|

replied February 20th, 2012
I had this same problem an so I would alwys sit with my legs closed as tight as possable and then as soon as I would open them or stand up it smelt like I let one rip and I was so fricken pissed one day an I wanted to know what the problem was so I stuck my fingers up as far as they would go an when I took them our it smelt like iI just pooped on them or kinda like a wet diaper kinda smell an it was a sorta thicker mucous. So I looked up bacterial vaginosis an went to my doctor an told him thats what I thought i had an he didnt swab me or test me or anything he just perscribed me meds an I took them for seven days an the smell went away but because I was so concious about the smell all the time sometimes I think my subcincious plays trucks on me an I think I smell it sometimes so idk if it was even bv because my doctor never tested me fore it an there are so many bacterial infections that have the same symptoms so it could have been anything. But now im freaking out because I read that herpes has a foul odor sometimes but I havent broken out in bumps or anything . So im freaking out an plus im 4 monthes prego an I would never be able to forgive myself if my baby came out with herpes in the eyes an had to live with it the rest of his or her life:/ but if u find out what the smell was could u give me a heads up? I just wany my baby to be ok. Im not even worried about myself to be honest.
|

replied December 8th, 2010
am i doing this right? i wrote this yesterday and theres no reply. sorry im new at this.
|

replied December 21st, 2010
helloooooooo, is there anybody out there?????
|

replied January 6th, 2011
Why do i smell bad down there?
i have the same thing..god id love an answer. it all started when i took antibiotics for a urine infection.I went back to the doctors cuz i had a creamy discharge and it did not smell or itch. its was just more than usual. i didnt want him t check me out dwn there because it was just a walk in clinc old dude. we both said lets assume that it was some type of yeast infection. he gave me cream. AND NOW the white discharge is gone and i am left with a clear discharge that smells fowl. comes out once in awhile. help!! im so embaressed. i have never had problems down there!!
|

replied January 13th, 2011
i hate to scare everyone, but my dr. is testing me for HIV now. i've only been with my hubby for the last 6 an a halk years and long term relationships b-4 that. also i got tested for everything when i was prego with my twins 5 years ago, so i dont know. my dr. said i probly dont have anything but its precautionary. anyway im scared now. so i hope you all can at least ask your dr.s more questions bout it so u dont end up like me right now, which is, i havent even gotten the tests done and kinda freakin out. good luck all. and i'd still luv to hear any other comments or solutions.
|

replied January 13th, 2011
sorry, let me clarify something. my hubby and i have been off and on for 17 years and by that i mean we would be together for 2 years break up, 2 years later go out for a few, and so on and so forth untill we stopped the maddness and decided it was fate that brought us together over and over. so we've actually been married for 6 and a half years. i read my comment and thought no one would undertand the details if i didnt write em. thanx guys!
|

replied February 13th, 2011
miserable
I am 18 years old and since I was a sopohmore in HS i have had a odor from my vagina that smells like poo. I don't know what to do because it smells like it everyday. I don't know what i should do to stop this smell or what is making me smell like it all the time.People think that i poop my pants everyday but i don't, i never do. i have a problem and its making me miserable with my friends and other people. I need to solve this problem quick. Is it what I eat or do I have a infection? What should I cut out of my eating...dairy?meat? too much fiber?I feel like a dirty person because of my vaginal odor.What can I do?This has been going on too long, I need to do something...
|

replied March 4th, 2011
I just sniffed my GF's vagina and it smells like fart!!!! Please help!!!
|

User Profile
replied March 4th, 2011
I'm having the same problem, and I kept saying yes, yes, yes everytime you said something that's happened to me! I really want to know an answer, because i'm freaking out! The odor smells so fishy, I have that creamy discharge, and it sometimes itches down their. I don't put in tampons, and I've never had sex before, so I was kinda confused when I thought I had some STD or something. I wanted to go to a doctor, but I'm only 13, and they said I didn't have to come in until I started have sex. Sooo, I don't know what to do! I really hope you get an answer, because I need one... Thanks? Smile
|

replied March 11th, 2011
Hey girl,
i use to suffer with really bad discharge and smell. it was quite embarrassing. I thought i was nasty all over, but i went to a homeopathic doctor a few yrs back and she suggested i start taking probiotics to balance my yeast and bacteria levels. Ive bn on yefense probiotics since and i havent had a funky veejayjay sinc and im npt wel all the time downthere either. good luck
|

replied July 28th, 2011
Its called Vaginosis. Simple answer is to see a doctor. They will prescribe antibiotics. Its a bacteria infection. Its normal, almost everyone gets it.
|

replied July 28th, 2011
Vaginosis
Its called Vaginosis. Simple answer is to see a doctor. They will prescribe antibiotics. Its a bacteria infection. Its normal, almost everyone gets it.
|
Quick Reply