Medical Questions > Mental Health > Mental Conditions Forum

Bad memory and crying outbursts

Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....
User Profile
I have a problem remembering certain things and i am always tired.Sometimes i go into out bursts were i just wanna cry. I can be nice one minute and the next feel grouchy.I try to stay focused on things I need to do but never can complete a task or stay on track.I sometimes dont like I wanna talk to people and other times i just want to stay in my room.Is there any way you can tell me whats wrong with me? I tell my primary care physician about this and all she says is "dont worry you'll be fine".Sometimes I even feel like im out of breath were I have to take my asthma medicine.can you please help me and tell me what it can possibly be that im going through and what should i do to help prevent and change this.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 9th, 2009
Sounds like it could be a mood disorder. You should request from your health professional a mood disorder questionnaire (MDQ) and bipolar disorder should be ruled out as well. Also, I would request a thyroid test and other basic blood work (CBC, CMP) just to be sure. If nothing is found to be medically wrong with you then I would seriously look into mental health agencies in your area and make an appointment with a psychiatrist.

It's a shame if your doctor hasn't already suggested these things for you.

I wish you all the best.
|

replied October 9th, 2009
P.S. you have a baby in your picture...how long since you gave birth? If within a year then you may also need to consider this as a factor.

Again, good luck.
|