Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Bad breath in throat

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have constantly had mucus in my throat that never goes away no matter how many times i try and clear it.Once i clear it i can feel it slowly building back up again and I am always spitting and clearing my throat. Recently my mouth has been getting really dry and my breath is smelling bad but the smell doesn't come from my mouth but my throat instead. Can you please help me how to cure it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 20th, 2010
Experienced User
Have you spoken to a Dr. about the mucus? I would see a doctor about that. In the mean time, probably would not hurt to gargle with warm satly water. Also, if you havent been to a dentist latley, you should make sure that you dont have any tooth decay. Tooth decay can give you bad breath.. Also use listerine and make sure you floss and then brush your teeth and be sure to brush your tongue as well or buy a tongue scraper. You can also gargle with peroxide as well.. as far as mucus, try taking some Mucinex and see if that helps. Be sure to go over all this with your doctors and make sure you dont have some sort of bactierial infection. Good luck!
|

replied December 11th, 2011
Bad breath, cough, drooling more at night
My 7 year old daughter has foul, almost fish like smelling breath that has been going on for months now. She has always had good oral hygeine and lately she has developed a dry cough. She does grind her teeth at night, but has been drooling more at night than usual. Is this all something that I should be worried about..?
|

replied December 12th, 2011
Experienced User
I am think that probably would not hurt to gargle with warm salty water. This is the best most easy way to cure this problem. For more suggestions concern your doctor.
|

replied November 20th, 2014
I have this feeling of some bad breadth from my throat. I normally expel some bits of smelly off-white pellets from my throat. Now i have this persistent smell of the presence of these pelets coming from my throat without them coming out of my throat as before. i am really concerned.
|