Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

bad body odor like feces (Page 1)

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
Hi
i' am 35 year old women i never drink alcohol or smoke cigarettes but i shower twice a daily.i have some issue with a odor i smell it once smell like feces.i give myself a magnsiums saline laxtive did go. but this is very bad most of the time other people smell it i go out side when the wind po u can smell it.can u please me
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper hellp
|

replied July 6th, 2009
Shockingly sometimes when you take a shower to offten it can lead to a foul odor.
|

replied July 7th, 2009
thank u i didn't know that.
|

User Profile
replied July 7th, 2009
Supporter
hello are you sure this body odour is not vaginal.
i have this horrible smell but its hormonal imbalance from menopause. bacterial vaginosis also causes this odour..cranberry juice helps and in uk where im from there is a gel you buy to even up the balance inside the vagina..it treats the vaginosis and the imbalance..the name of it has left me at the moment but any leading chemist can let you purchase it over the counter..
it is embarrassing and i sympathies but its nothing your doing wrong..the last poster was correct when stated sometimes over washing makes it worse as for some reason you risk washing away certain bacteria that can help..
hope this information useful to you..shall look up name of the gel and forward it too you as its just recently advertised on television.
|

User Profile
replied July 14th, 2009
Supporter
hello the name of gel i mentioned is balance active ph gel..i smelled like an old sewer and im 48 and in menopause..hope you can get this gel where you are its great..it helps neutralise the inner vagina and put the hormonal balance back on track..
sorry for delay in replying but wanted to try it out first..most odors are either infection or hormonal.
|

replied July 14th, 2009
Hi to the 35 yr old woman I am going through the exact same thing. I have a fecal body odor that seems to come through my pores. IT is so noticeable that people passing by in cars can smell it when I am standing outside it's horrific. I am right now trying Zinc 50mg becasue I heard it helps reduce bad body odors so you might want to give it a try. Also I heard probiotics help as well so that is another option. I'm so sorry you are going through this I know it can have a toll on you emotionally hang in there and ask God for his guidance I believe it will get better for us eventually. You take care and God bless.
|

replied July 24th, 2009
to nanasluv l would like to know how well did the zinc work for your body odor please write back to let me know.
|

replied July 24th, 2009
thank yall.ioka did your odor go away i would like to know.tthank you for finding the name of the gel i am going to find out what stores carry it thank alot.
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2009
Supporter
hello after a week treatment as you do it over 7 nights it has rid me of the horendous smell..i highly recommend it 10/10...once in bed put the gel inside thee vagina and wear a pad..there are 7 applications for each night at bedtime..i noticed the difference after 3 night as i could smell myself before i started treatment.it combats the imbalance and returns you back to odour free.
no matter what i tried previous it was always there but this product has worked wonders for me.
|

replied July 24th, 2009
thanks you.
|

replied August 28th, 2009
Body Odor
Hi, I am a 35 y/o woman and I have the body odor also, but it smells like musty, you know the smell that you have if you forget deodorant. It is mostly coming up from my breasts and chest area. I had it once before abot five years ago and my sister told e that it was hormonal changes and I guess here I go again. What I did was started pouring about a teaspoon of baking soda on my washcloth and use that along with my regular soap in the shower. So far, it is helping, but I'll let you know if I come up with anything better.
|

User Profile
replied September 1st, 2009
Experienced User
i saw a t.v. medicaal show of a women who had such foul smell she suffered almost her whole life till finally a doc. told her it was her diet she changed her diet completely and she got better but when she departed from it it came back. so amybe this will help. also if you have a bowl problem and dont go often it sits in you and ferments and the smell can leak out even in your breath so check that out too. good luck
|

replied September 27th, 2009
How I got rid of my fecal odour
I suffered for a long time with a nasty case of fecal body odour. I know how unbelievably difficult this can be to live with. I have it beat now after trying many different things to beat it over the past four years. I'm willing to bet that many of you have developed a high level of candida in your intestinal tract. Here's what you need to do. Stop eating all foods with sugar, (including all sweeteners of all kinds), and stop eating carbs that yeasts will thrive on. I have trouble with wheat and dairy products and so I stopped them too. You might want to try cutting them out for a bit too. Eat rice, lots of veggies, meats, berry fruits such as blueberries. It took about three weeks and I have almost completely lost all bad odours... except of course for the odd normal fart! Good luck! I hope this helps you. Smile It's great to be able to sit in meetings again without being terrified!
|

replied May 5th, 2010
To those who have a fecal body odor,
Hi my name is Ryan. I understand all of your frustrations, as I have been dealing with fecal body odor for 4 yrs now. I know, that I have tried all kinds of cleanses, from bowel cleanses to colon cleanses, to intestinal cleanses. I have even tried the heavy metals cleanse for body odor, but even that didn't help!!! Well, I just wanted to share this with all, who suffer from this embarrassing, guilty malady. There can be many causes of fecal body odor, but what I've come to realize with fecal body odor recently, is that, it can result from any of the following:
1. TMAU
2. A backup in the body of overtoxicity. One might need to look into Bentonite Clay, for overbody toxicity.
3. Low Stomach Acid, which would mean, one might need to take Betaine HCL.
4. Constipation problems
5. A problem, related to hemorrhoids, or an anal fistula.
6. Chrone's Disease
7. Heavy Metal Poisioning
8. Bacteria Problem in the bowels
9. C Difficile Disease

Or it can be related to:
10. Candida Albicans.

If people believe it could be, as a result of a skin problem or something else, I would suggest going to a Chinsese Herbalist, Iridiologist or Dermatologist. I hope that, this information helps someone like myself. Take care. Bye.
|

replied September 4th, 2010
To Bombbay I'm so sorry it took me a while to get back to you I've had a very stressful summer and just happened to check this site out again today. To answer your question the Zinc has helped some but the odor is still noticeable but I do notice when I take the Zinc I get less reactions. I also use to take choropgyll which I think helped a little. My bo is pretty bad but all I can do is continue to look for a solution and ofcourse I always pray to God about my problems including my bo. Another thing I noticed it seems like alot of people seem to clear their throats around me and cough alot and I'm thinking it is a reaction to my bo so do you also get that reaction? Anyhow thanks for your reply and take care and God Bless you:)
|

replied February 25th, 2011
im 31 and for the past 4 years people have been commenting on a bad odor that smells like feces sometimes fish when i am around others i take showers many times a day brush my teeth several times a day but people seem to say the same thing everyday that eww something stinks then laughs this is extremely difficult especially going to work and school just going out in public period sometimes i just wanna cry especially at work i get picked on daily what can i say when i cant even smell myself and know
exactly what is problem i need help please
|

replied April 15th, 2011
Fecal Body Odor
Hi, I am a 36 year old man who has dealt with this same issue. In addition, I have problems with foot and underarm odor. I was led to believe that what I was dealing with was Candida and while the diet did work, it was impossible to keep up with. And when lufenuron did not cure me, I decided to look elsewhere. Also, when I tried using bismusth subsalicilate (Pepto) the doctor noted that candida did not have an odor associated with it. He noted that the bismuth binded with hydrogen sulfide (fecal odor) to create bismuth sulfide (odorless). He recognized that it was excess anaerobic bacteria in the system that was creating it.
So, taking it a step further, I came to Slo-mag brand pills and cutting out diet cola. Apparently 61% of americans are deficient in magnesium which (along with zinc, and several b-vitamins) are responsible for breaking down carbohydrates. I theorize that the reason I was successful with a zero carb diet was because there were no carbs that needed to be broken down.

Another major part was eliminating diet soda because both the caffeine and the phosphoric acid contained in it block the absorption of magnesium.

These 2 things were instrumental in getting me back on track. If you need to take things further, try using baking soda detergent with borax in the washing machine and using triple antibiotic under arms and between your legs. These seemed to hasten the process for me.
|

replied September 17th, 2011
Could be TMAU or other IEM
I can vouch for this because it happened to me, and after two days of a simple treatment, I was free of any issues (I can't eat fish or red meat without smelling). All of you sound like you have what's called an Inborn Error of Metabolism (most often a defective gene that causes a deficit in one or more amino acids that break down proteins - when they're not present, byproducts of the protein metabolism cause foul odors that come out of your skin, breath, and everywhere). It's more common than you'd think, especially among certain ethnic populations. I urge all of you to try this for one week and see if the problem resolves: Take Glycine (500 mg 1x day) and L-Carnitine (250 mg 1x day). These are available at any vitamin or health food store. If your odor issue does resolve, go to your doctor and get blood tests for amino acid deficiencies. There are treatments, including just continuing the supplementation, that work very well. If it's not an IEM, then it could be an infection, or GERD, in which case you should see your doctor, anyway. In any case, it's probably not a hygiene problem and nothing to be embarrassed about.
|
Users who thank BarbieBarbiegirl for this post: my2jayz 

replied October 10th, 2011
I was skeptical at first, but I was deperate so I found a one a day supplement containing both Glycine and L-Carnitine. It worked just as you said it would. Thanks "BarbieBarbieGirl"!
|

replied October 14th, 2011
stinks
where did you buy this supplement? did you use the same mg. recommended?
|

replied October 16th, 2011
This particular bkend of amino acids seems to be primarily used by body builders, but you can find it at any vitamin shop. I just chose one at random from a store I found through ebates.com. But here is a link you should check out before you commit to anything

http://www.bodyodor777.com/causes_metaboli cdisorder.html

It just describes the different types of odors caused by poor amino acid metabalism.
|

replied October 18th, 2011
Thank you for the reply. I'm still looking for the products. Wish me luck, and good luck to everyone out there.
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
Dear barbiebarbiegirl,

I benn to shops and I can not find Glycine 500 mg but I found L-lysine 500mg and also i could not find l-carnitine 250mg but I found the 500mg.
Th equestion is are they differnet product, if not would make any differnce if I take the the 500mg instead of 250mg l-carnitine?
looking forward to har from you
kind regards
hellp
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
No! They're not the same thing at all. In fact, taking L-Lysine seems to make the problem much worse for some people.

Go to any online vitamin dealer - they all have these two supplements.

I don't think that there will be much difference between the 250 mg vs the 500 mg. That's within the range of safe consumption on a daily basis.

Good luck!
|

hellp
Thank you so much barbiegirl,

Please, if anybody knows a shop kindly reply to this.

Thnks a lot.
|

replied October 31st, 2011
Fecal Odor
Hi when i walk into a room, people say "it smells like ****, poop, or *** in here." It is very depressing and because of it i have wasted most of my high school career in the house playing xbox. It is so bad that i do not even want to go to my graduation this year and be remembered for smelling like ****. I shower twice daily, wear more deodorant than i need to, and wipe religiously. What can i do? I am also uncomfortable bringing it up to parents or the doctor.
|

Thanks very much to all of you that have posted these comments, I know sound stupid but until now that I have found this website I was feeling very longly as this is a horrible thing to have and is affecting all my life,I have two little children and even they ask me why i smell like feces and make me feel horrible as I can not explain to them, I have spoken to my GP and he seems not to notice or care about it.
I am going to buy the glycine and l carnitine right now as I think is time to do something about it,
|

help
hey do you guys think you could update us on how well the glycine and l carnitine does for you? I would really like to know if it works. I just ordered some so i will let you know it works for me or not when i get. Good luck to everybody
|

hi mike4999
can you please let me know wish shop you order .
Thanks a lot
|

replied November 5th, 2011
i found the glycine 500 mg on amazon. just type in what your looking for on google and it should find you something
|

replied November 5th, 2011
thank you so much, i will do
|
12 >>
Quick Reply