Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Herpes and Genital Warts Forum

Bacterial vaginosis meds or Herpes the cause genital bumps

Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....
So I'm really trying to keep my self composure. My boyfriend and I kind of over did it with the sex last weekend. 9 times in like 36 hours. During one of the sexual encounters, I started bleeding afterward, not a bunch, but enough and it stopped. The day after all the dust settled, and I had time to chill, I started feeling irritation, like yeast infection irritation inside my vagina. And then started experiencing painful urination. And then I started experiencing this milky white thin discharge, quite a bit of it. So I had a test done for the burning when I pee, and there was only a little blood seen in the test. The doc put me on Augmentin. OB/GYN and she tests me for Bacterial Vaginosis and said no sex until I get my tests back. So fast forward to last night, it's been a few days that I have had this discharge, and I was in the shower last night and felt these bumps on my vagina. I grab a mirror, and shave over where they are, and I see these sore type things that aren't large at all, don't itch, don't cause me pain, and there's like four on my vagina in the hair areas, and one or two in the crease of my hips and one on my thigh. Like I said, they don't cause me any discomfort, and I'm still dealing with the discharge until the medication given to treat the BV starts helping. Does this sound like Herpes, or is the discharge irritating my skin? I'm really scared right now, and went to get tested for HSV 1 and 2 today. I've only been with one partner for the last ten months, and he hasn't had any blisters or whatever, and the guy I was with before that was like two years ago. But from experience of those with herpes, does this sound like I have it ? Or should I just chill out and stop being a worry wart?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 9th, 2014
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the abnormal discharge and vaginal/vulval bumps that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. Men can also remain asymptomatic for longer periods of time, hence chances of herpes infection cannot be ruled out completely. Wait for your evaluation results to come. Avoid self medication. Visit your doctor/gynecologist at the earliest for thorough examination, evaluation, clarification and get started on treatment as indicated (by your examination findings and evaluation results) to help you control the symptoms. Avoid vaginal douching, or use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Rinse undergarments well and use antiseptic solution for the last rinse. Avoid sweat accumulation. Keep area clean and dry. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Herpes and Genital Warts , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.