Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

bacterial vaginal infection won't go away

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
I've been having problems for about 4yrs.
Endless problems with yeast, bacteria, uti, no matter what I take it's not effected. Not even sure the docs are
Sure. One nurse told me I just had to live with it. I've tired every pill, cream , yogurt even , cranberry juice -and all
Has failed. Ive only had one partner. Is this something I have to live with? I don't want to go on with life
Uncomfortably. I believe this has taken my ability to have children away. It's already taken that part of my life.
It's controlling my life . Idk what to do. Everytime I go to the doc they say it's something different
But it's always the same symptoms.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 21st, 2012
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you have been having recurrent infections, or repeat infections, or symptoms suggestive of persistence of infection, you should consider visiting your doctor/gynecologist for thorough evaluation including vaginal swab/smear test to identify the underlying causative agent (along with culture sensitivity test to identify most effective medication against it). Treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and investigation results) would be started to help you control the symptoms. Consider requesting for prescription of a Probiotic (to be used after you finish with taking the other medications) to restore the normal vaginal flora to minimize re-infection/repeat infections. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, it is important to get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

|

replied October 25th, 2012
I'm right there with you. I have been having the same problem for so long, and im so tired and frustrated with doctors just giving me antibiotics and sending me home. Just keep pestering them, don't back down. Your doctors need to know you want to get serious about finding the cause. Hang in there! We will get through it!
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.