Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Bacterial Disorders Forum

Bacterial Infections why so often?

Must Read
You've probably had a case of food poisoning at least one in your life...but what types of food poisoning exist? Basics on food poisoning here....
Not everyone will get sick from contaminated food. Learn who is more at risk of food poisoning, and what factors increase bacterial growth here....
How do you know if you've got a case of salmonella food poisoning versus e. coli? Learn the basic symptoms of food poisoning and when to seek help here....
User Profile
I been having Baterial infections for two years now i get them every other month. I asked so many doctors why i get them but they cant seem to know the answer they just tell me its the weather here in Palmdale,CA. So i have to buy medicine every other month and pay my doctors.. because without the antibiotics it just wont leave it will keep getting worse. And a week before i get sick i get a bad taste in my mouth and a bad odor in my nose. And i consider myself a clean person.I cant seem to get rid of the bacterial infections they just keep coming back. I dont understand... could it be something else?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile Jayla91
|

replied February 20th, 2012
Bacterial Infections are common and one might not be aware of how to treat it until and unless proper diagnosis is done. One cannot really stress the reason for bacterial infections as there are a wide variety of it like skin infections, gastrointestinal infection or respiratory infections caused from various types of bacteria. A weak immune system can be a possible reason though. However in case of any infection, medical assistance should be sought. In most of the cases, antibiotics are prescribed. This follows as a part of health and safety risk assessment.
|

replied March 10th, 2013
You need to be cultured to determine the exact infectious bacteria.
|

replied December 11th, 2012
my father,aged 71 is a kidney patient and a month back he started having chills ,fever and coughing.Doctor tested TLC 14500 and gram positive cocci ,gram negative bacilli in gram staining .He prescribed antibiotic course for 7 days and TLC went down to 10500 on 7th day.However, after 5 days, again my father had chills and fever ,again TLC was tested,this time 23900.again Dr gave amoxycillin & potassium clavulanate(IV) and tazobactam and piperacillin combination(IV) which is still continued on 13th day but my father is having chills and fever on almost everyday.
What can be the reason of this fever? Malaria test (Blood smear as well as QBC mathod)is negative.The length of fever/chills rules out viral infection as I have been told.Meanwhile,Createnine level has gone up to 2.8.BP is under control. Recently,Dr has also given antifungal medicine and 2 doses are taken but chills and fever (about 102)continues.
|

replied March 10th, 2013
The source of the infection has not been found and it continues to reseed his blood stream. In Dialysis patients a common cause of sepsis is his access catheter. Have they cultured and/or Removed it. As an ICU nurse this is a common source and without removal he may not get better.
|