Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

back pain, mild loss in lumbar lordosis, muscle spasm

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
almost 20 days back i lifted a heavy bag in sitting position and lifted it up and moved and kept it at another place. it was heavy and i felt stress in the body. i felt minor threadlike pain in my leg-buttock joint as one sometimes feel on overstreching of muscles. but i woke up some days later and felt a pain while getting up and moving my body that i could point in my right leg and it was radiating upwards. pain started from muscles below knee and continued in thigh. slowly while being massaged i started to notice that my lower back was also affected and painful. in 2 days the pain went away. i was normal again in few days my neck started to be painful while sitting in a posture. then went to the doctor. he said that most probably it is muscle spasm which is causing all this and he continued the pills. if i explain the pain it is mild which feels like stiffness in body. particularly i m not able to spot centre of pain well. its sort of distributed. while walking or bending there is no visible change in pain. but sitting in a different pose may cause uncomfortability as in office sitting in office causes pain in neck and lower back sometimes. all these pains seem the muscle pain like we have sometimes. also if i dont change my position at night as i m sound sleeper,i have pain in the chest bone sternum in morning which goes away soon,particularly if i sleep upright. yesterday the pain increased a bit but no close to unbearable.was feeling some pain while taking right step yesterday for sometime(as when the pain started at first, it did from the right leg to the back) but then it went away and now what i experience is pain in neck sometimes and lower back sometimes when i sit for vocal practice and no pain the other times except for some stiffness. for now he has continued the same pills to treat muscle spasms and asked for a heat treatment everyday...there is no pain radiation in hands and legs..and no shock like thing in fingers and no weakness of limbs but right hand(biceps,triceps and sholder and then to neck) aches...also i had my xray done which shows all normal except for mild loss in lumbar lordosis possibly due to muscle spasm.lastly, the pain is mild enough for me to continue the normal day work. what is the problem?? what should be done?
Did you find this post helpful?
|