Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

back pain and trouble urinating

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
Hi, I'm new here.

I've recently got some problems with pain in my lower back. I went to doctor and found out there is something wrong with both of my kidneys. I quite panicked and while we are still in early stage of recognising my status (got ultrasound result, waiting for blood), I would still like to hear from anyone that can tell me more about it.

My symptoms are; no blood in urine, trouble urinating, no fever, some excessive sweating, quite constant pain in lower back, sometime in stomach, some hickups and some vomiting.
It all started in few days. I did previously urinate often and not for a large amount, but I normally drink a lot of liquids and never had anything similar to what I have now.

For now Doctor gave me some antibiotics and pain relief tablets. Pain is gone, but I still hardly urinate much.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Hi..Welcome to EHEALTH
Sorry to hear you are ill. Did the doctor mention UPJ? This is when there is a kink in the ureter causing an obstruction blocking the flow of urine from the kidney to the bladder, there are different degrees of the blockage, if this is what you have.

Keep us posted as to what the doctor says....we are here for you...Smile
|

replied August 13th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Welcome to e-health. Did Dr. mention what he thought was wrong? Does he think it's an infection? Hope you get some answers. Good luck. Let us know how you do.
|

replied August 15th, 2008
Thanks for reply.

First, my Doctor didn't mention much about what could be with me, just ordered me to rest, eat those tablets (Ciprobay 250mg - antibiotics, something with Diclofanacum for pain) and set an appointment for Monday.
For now I've been better, so I'm not planning to go see him before that. I urinate better as for back pain I've been ordered to eat two tablets per day, but today I've been having no considerable pain so I think I'll wait and see how it is if I don't take them.
|

replied September 1st, 2008
I didn't post much about my condition as I didn't have any news.

Since last time I've given blood three times. Results were steadily better, but still not perfect. Recently I stopped taking antibiotics and got recent ultrasound and blood tested. Ultrasound showed improvements over previous state and I'm still waiting for blood test results.
Only thing that I still don't know is what could be the course of my problem and what I have. Doctor after latest ultrasound said that results could show state after pyelonefritius or possibility of acute liver failure.

Well, we'll see how it goes. Thanks for kind words and support.
|

replied September 3rd, 2008
Just one quick questin, I now finally got all my blood repors, is there any webpage or something that could tell me what each value mean?
|