Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Back Pain and Leg pain shooting down to foot.

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I had a xray done and this is what their telling me.. Nothing is wrong but I have the notes from the xray and well if anyone can tell me anything it would totally help.I'm in total pain

LUMBAR SPINE

Six images were obtained including AP, lateral, oblique and cone views of
the lumbosacral junction.

There are no previous for comparison.

There are no compression fractures. There is mild narrowing of the L5-S1
disk space. No spondylolysis or spondylolisthesis is seen. Small
sclerotic density in the right pelvic region overlying the sacrum could
be a small bone island in the sacrum.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied October 19th, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy (online)
They are mostly telling the truth. The mild narrowing of the bottom disk in your spine is a very minor form of abnormality but still a reason for concern. Minor problems can progress to be more serious ones over time.

"Small sclerotic density in the right pelvic region overlying the sacrum could be a small bone island in the sacrum."

This is usually a harmless finding.

When MRIs or xrays reveal little i usually think its some type of alignment problem that is causing pain. they are often downplayed or ignored by doctors.

Has anyone checked your posture. abnormal curves will show up on plain Xray but unless they are sever they may be ignored.
|
Did you find this post helpful?