Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

back or kidney pain

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
last night after suddenly being verbally abused, after I left the scene I had severe pain on both sides of my middle back - on my waistline. Would that have been caused by a rush of adrenalin or was it my kidneys reacting somehow? Please and thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper myopracticworks
|

replied August 20th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
I believe your kidneys are up higher - just below the ribcage.
On your waistline is L3 disc level. Could have been a muscle spasm either your psoas or quadratus lumborum muscles -(do a google search)-
|
Users who thank myopracticworks for this post: Telstar 

replied August 22nd, 2011
WHAT'S A MUSCLE SPASM ?
|

replied August 26th, 2011
Active User, very eHealthy
muscle spasm, an abnormal and often painful contraction of muscle fibers commonly caused by sudden overuse or overstimulation.

spasm (spaz´m),
a sudden involuntary contraction of a muscle or muscle group. It may cause a twitch or close a canal or passage, depending on its location.
spasm, muscle,

an increased muscular tension and shortness that cannot be released voluntarily and prevents lengthening of the muscles involved. Caused by pain stimuli to the lower motor neurons.
|