Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

Back , hip and knee pain

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
I have been diagnosed with degenerative disc disease. thses are some of the findings: The left transverse process of l5 is broadcasted and the narrow space is contiguous with the superior portion of the left sacrum indicating a transitional lumbosacral junction. The L3/4 disc has loss of the T2 signal. At the L2/3 level there is mild circumferential disc bulging, and the neuroformania are mildly narrowed.At the L4/5 level there is mild circumferential disc bulging and mild to moderate facet hypertrophy which is contributing to moderate bilateral forminal narrowing, and mild flattening of the ventral thecal sac.
I also have hip, knee, and ankle problems.

My question is: is my hip, knee and anke problems caused by or aggrivated by my back problems.

Also; I have neck problems; does this indicate that the back problems is spreading to other parts of my body. I have pain daily.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rollar64
|

replied May 23rd, 2009
Active User, very eHealthy
what is the nature of your hip knee and ankle problems? and did they start before your back problems?.

One of the problems for doctors when they encounter patients with widespread musculoskeletal problems is figuring out which one is causing which symptoms.

Also its possible that your back caused your hip knee and ankle problems or it could be the other way around.

Any injury to your back or leg that would cause your gait to become abnormal would cause abnormal forces across the joints in your back, hips, and legs, and possibly your neck this can accelerate the degenerative changes that occur with age.

Its also possible that there are separate reasons for your numerous injuries.

You have disc problems at three levels with the possibility of nerve compression at two of these levels you also have arthritis in the small facet joints at the rear of your vertebra at the L4-L5 level.

The bone structure of your bottom vertebra is abnormal this would have occoured somtime during its developement when you were younger it could be the cause of your problems.

Good luck Mexia
|
Did you find this post helpful?