Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

Baby Hospitalized with RSV

Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
User Profile
Hi a few days ago my 4 month old granddaughter was admitted to hospital and after running tests found out she had RSV.I was wondering if anyone elses babies have had that and what the outcome was.Thank you all.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 6th, 2008
RSV
Hi Rsv is a respiratory infection which affects young babies Abbot Laboratries in S.A will give you all the info You need
|

replied April 6th, 2008
RSV
Hi Rsv is a respiratory infection which affects young babies Abbot Laboratries in S.A will give you all the info You need
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2008
Community Volunteer
RSV is caused by a virus. Thankfully none of my babies have gotten it and had to be hospitalized, but I have a friend whose baby did. She had to take him to the hospital too, but now he is fine and fat and happy! If the baby is in the hospital, I am sure that she is getting the best of care and will be well soon. I wish you all the best, it must be a very hard thing to go through.

http://www.marchofdimes.com/pnhec/298_9546 .asp
|

replied May 4th, 2008
well
hey sweetheart my son was put in the hopital for having rsv and he is alright he had it when he was about two months old and now he is 19 mths old he turned out alright it is a scary thing to go thru but i know from experince that he or she will be okay just a few breathing treatments and some antibiotics and the baby will be fine keep me up dated on the babys well being and let me know how things turn out
|

replied June 5th, 2008
my baby wasnt hospitalized for it
my baby got it during rsv season which was about jan. I thought it was a cold. They diagnosedher with it and she didnt have to be hospitalized. They used the bulb syringe to do the test. She had like a baby inhaler that we had to numerous times of day. i was sad all the time when my baby had it. Just like other babies i thought she was suppose to be in the hospital but they made it seem like it was that bad like that caught it just in time. It took all of 3 to 4 weeks before she was her normal self. She didnt heardly eat or drink, she coughed all the time, had fever, and was very weak. I just wanted my baby to get better. So i got a second opinion becase i couldnt seem to get her fever down. Even at the hospital her temp was still peak. They gave her some yime of shot i for got the name of it and it was suppose to perk her up a bit and make her feel better and a couple of days later she did. So i know what you all are going through its hard to sit and watch your child be sick like that and just feel helpless because the virus has to run its course. So i will keep you all in my prayers
|