Medical Questions > Abortion > Medical Abortion Forum

awaiting an abortion not sure what to expect help please (Page 1)

Must Read
A D&C is a standard procedure. But it can be scary when you don't know what to expect. Learn about what happens during dilation and curettage to prepare yoursel...
Dilation and curettage, or D & C for short, is a procedure that is used to diagnose and treat a number of womens health conditions. What are some goals of a D a...
A D&C usually is free of problems, and the recovery period for the procedure is short. But knowing about possible complications can help you detect problems ea...
eek hi im currently awaiting an abortion which is 3 weeks away there are several reasons why im going through with it but my family keep telling me im doing the wrong thing. im starting to realise that maybe telling them was a bad idea but im an honest person and dont think i couldve lived with the guilt of lying to them about the termination,even though both me and my partner feel its the best thing to do and ive already spent a lot of nights crying thinking my family wont be there for me afterwards im just wondering what to be prepared for mentally/emotionally afterwards as usually im a strong person and i cant tell whether this is just hormones at the moment

by the time i get to my termination appointment i will be 11 weeks pregnant, will i be given the tablets or the 'vacuum' method? do either of these procedures hurt..ive heard lots of horror stories about the foetus' head being crushed and infection and bleeding for months after and these are the things that are worrying me the most. Can anyone help me?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Sus1224
|

replied February 11th, 2012
abortion
Can you do me a favor please before you make your decision on this. Please watch 180movie.com online. It is only 33 minutes & will save you from a lifetime of grief & from the death of your baby whom will love you for a lifetime. They will use the vacuum to tear your baby apart limb by limb, but they will tell you that it is just tissue. Please go to the facebook wall at 180 movie & we can pray & share with you what your baby looks like. He/she has a beating heart right now etc..
|

User Profile
please re consider
I have been through an abortion and i have to tell you it was the most horrable thing i had gone through i wish i could turn the clock back and not have it done, they will use the vaccumm method and you will be given all kinds of meds to help with the pain but the pain you will suffer from after you have it done is way worse then the pain from having it done. like the other ladies said please watch the 180 movie when i had my abortion i was not a born again christian the reason i had mine done was because my doctor told me i would die and so would my baby after the fact he was wrong and i have lived with that guilt for the last 17 yrs, if you do not want the baby please think about letting a family who wants a baby to adopt your baby i beg with you do not kill your baby you will regret for the rest of your life
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

Reconsider...
I have to agree with Lori. I have a sister who had two abortions, and she is nowhere near the person she was before them. She is angry, bitter, on many drugs for depression with no prognosis of getting off them anytime soon. She has been informed that her abortions have left her barren - she will NEVER have children, as verified by two doctors. Not to mention, her two children will never know what a wonderful mother they would have had. Please, reconsider. If you can't care for the baby, please consider adoption. There are loving homes out there that would LOVE to give your baby a good home.
|

what to expect with your abortion/D&C
I had an abortion. My baby would be 31 years old right now. I might be a grandmother. The abortion was painful, but that was just a few minutes. Big cramping and some bleeding. It was over in just a few minutes. I was always going to get pregnant again, "next year"..... next year never came.
I did not know that it was a baby inside me. I really believed that it was just a glob of cells. When I saw photographs of the baby inside the uterus years later, I was physically sick to my stomach realizing what I did. Thousands of people are dying for a baby to adopt. Many of them have to go to Africa or China to find a baby because so many babies that could be adopted in the USA are killed.
Here is what is going on inside your body right now where your baby is developing:
Week 5 of pregnancy (gestational age)
The brain, spinal cord, and heart begin to develop.
The gastrointestinal tract begins to develop.

Weeks 6 - 7 of pregnancy (gestational age)
Arm and leg buds become visible.
The brain develops into five areas and some cranial nerves are visible.
The eyes and ear structures begin to form.
Tissue forms that develops into the vertebra and some other bones.
The heart continues to develop and now beats at a regular rhythm.
Rudimentary blood moves through the main vessels.

Week 8 of pregnancy (gestational age)
The arms and legs have grown longer, and foot and hand areas can be distinguished.
The hands and feet have fingers and toes (digits), but may still be webbed.
The brain continues to form.
The lungs begin to form.

Week 9 of pregnancy (gestational age)
Nipples and hair follicles form.
Elbows and toes are visible.
All essential organs have begun to form.

Week 10 of pregnancy (gestational age)
The eyelids are more developed.
External features of the ear begin to take their final shape.
Facial features continue to develop.
The intestines rotate.

The end of the 10th week of pregnancy marks the end of the "embryonic period" and the beginning of the "fetal period."

Weeks 11 to 14 of pregnancy (gestational age)
Eyelids close and will not reopen until about the 28th week.
The face is well formed.
Limbs are long and thin.
Genitals appear well differentiated.
Red blood cells are produced in the liver.
The head makes up nearly half of the baby's size.
The baby can make a fist with its fingers.
Tooth buds appear for the baby teeth.
|

Considering an abortion? I did...
I don't know what all you're going through or why you feel you need an abortion. Only you can answer that. What I can tell you is what I've been through. I got pregnant at 17 and considered an abortion. Fortunately, I couldn't go through with it. I am thankful now (38 years later) that I had and kept my son.

My mother became pregnant at 19 and had the baby. She gave her daughter up for adoption. This was back in the early 1950's, where being a single mother was very difficult. She had no family support but wanted something for her baby that she was unable to provide. My mother died in 1979 and I made it my quest to find my long lost sister. Five years ago I received a call from her. Finding her over 50 years later has been the biggest blessings in my life.

Please listen to your heart before you make a decision that will be with you for eternity.
|

I was an unwanted pregnancy that almost ended in an abortion. My birth mother unselfishly gave me to someone who could raise me when she could not. I am now 36 years old married with 3 beautiful children of my own. My birth parents have been a huge part of my life now that I am an adult. They are grandparents to my children. I love to tell my boys the story of how I was given life, the sacrifices made and the beautiful love story that it is. Not a day goes by when I do not thank God for being given life! Give this gift to your child...Life IS worth it!!
|

Please consider the fact that you will never be able to forget taking the life of your child, of you can't support this baby there is help - through the pregnancy and afterwards. Adoption is always the better option here. Your baby has the receptors to feel pain already by 11 weeks, and he or she has a heartbeat already, since as early as 22 days. They're moving around, wiggling, and learning how to adapt to their fast growing body. I've also heard that yes there will be physical pain but it's nowhere near as bad as the emotional pain. Please please reconsider.
|

I don't know what all you're going through or why you feel you need an abortion. Only you can answer that. What I can tell you is what I've been through. I got pregnant at 17 and considered an abortion. Fortunately, I couldn't go through with it. I am thankful now (38 years later) that I had and kept my son.

My mother became pregnant at 19 and had the baby. She gave her daughter up for adoption. This was back in the early 1950's, where being a single mother was very difficult. She had no family support but wanted something for her baby that she was unable to provide. My mother died in 1979 and I made it my quest to find my long lost sister. Five years ago I received a call from her. Finding her over 50 years later has been the biggest blessings in my life.

Please listen to your heart before you make a decision that will be with you for eternity.
|

This is a very difficult decision to make, but I will tell you this. The "vaccum" method, LITERALLY tears the baby apart, limb by limb, piece by piece. I would strongly suggest cancelling the appointment, and consider putting the baby up for adoption. Your child has had a heartbeat for quite some time, and actually looks like a baby. It's not just "a clump of tissue". I truly hope you re-think this, and don't let doctors who want your money, LIE to you. Even if the truth hurts, search for it. If you're worried about the abortion hurting you, imagine what it would feel like to have your limbs ripped from your body, because that is what your child WILL feel. Babies do have a nervous system, they do feel.
|

To bingowings
bingowings! Please watch the movie 180. Ray Comfort found out that a friend of his was scheduled for an abortion at 1 oclock that day and he had 2 hours to get to the hospital. He drove a long way to get there and went straight to her room. She had already been given the prep medicine and when Ray walked in, he begged, please don't please don't kill your baby! She said, I'm not. She said that she prayed to God to send Ray to her as a sign for her NOT to have the abortion. Because Ray got there in time, she didn't do it. 2 years later, he was in a park, he saw the lady that he had stopped from having an abortion and killing her child. There was a little boy about 18 months old walking around playing. Then he realized that he saved that little boys life by convincing the mother not to kill her baby in the womb. Please don't let the blinders that satan has put over your eyes convince you that you are doing the right thing. Because if you do it, kill your baby, as soon as you do, satan will rip off those blinders and all the pain, hurt, guilt and helplessness will hit you like a ton of bricks. This is satan's best work. He wants you to feel so guilty that you will become so depressed that you will feel like you don't want to even to live. Jesus does not roll like that. He will PROVIDE a way to get you the support you need. There are crisis pregnancy centers. They provide diapers, milk, ect. they could find you a place for you to stay. You could have the baby and place the baby into adoption. Please reconsider this decision. There are people who care out in the real world in the pro life world!
|

they will use the vacuum, I am sad to say that i once went through with it, I will no longer be able to have kids because of the damage. there is not one day that i do not regret what i did, that i killed my baby. you have already cried about it, i continue to cry every time i think about it, every time i hear someone say they are pregnant, every time i see my sister and her kids. I wish i had asked someone first, i wish my parents would have known and told me i was wrong, i wish my boyfriend had said adoption was an option. what you carry inside you is beautiful, please don't kill it, if you truly don't want kids ever or just yet, please please consider adoption... so many families wish they could adopt who cannot have babies of their own. I regret it everyday, please don't live with something like this the rest of your life also. I was once pro- choice, who's business was it what I decided to do? Not anymore, just please reconsider.
|

I know what you are going through! I had two terminations in the last five years, first one being as I had no choice. But the point is, you must really think it over and make sure you are being honest with yourself and knowing what you really want. Remember you come first. I do regret having my terminations, and I do think about my babies and who they would of been and what they would of looked like and so on. But I know deep down, at the time of my decision, I didn't want to bring them into this world, as a single mother and their father not being apart of their life and so on. I have two children, and they were first before the terminations. But honestly, you will feel regret and guilty. Would I change it, I still can't answer myself honestly to this day. But if you decide to keep, it will bring more joy. If not, remember, everything happens for a reason. And your only eleven weeks, the termination is not what people make it out to be. They are sooooo tiny, like walnut size.... You could check online. I know I would never do a termination again! But it's your choice your body and what is best for you! Hope I could of been some help. Good luck to you. And go with what your heart says!! There is adoption!! Their are lots of families out there who can't have babies.
|

Don't do it
You don't want to have to deal with the condemnation of being a murderer...I say that because I know that reality... and when I had my abortion, hid it from everyone (and truth be told, did it after my boyfriend of the time said "don't make me leave you, I'll run if you keep this") was actually about 3 months ... severe bleeding afterwards because I went right back to work with my "mask" on chunks of baby falling out of me...but worst than this is living a life of hate, condemnation, regret, and not caring about myself..that relationship, ended a few years later after I got tired of the lying and cheating and I believed for a long time that I wasn't worthy of God... save your child, seek God
|

abortion-regret
@ 11 weeks, the unborn baby (fetus means little baby) is sucking his/her thumb & can feel pain, etc...this is the truth.. it will haunt you forever.. you will always imagine how old your child would have been..I know.. it`s horrific & not a day goes by that I`m grieved.. such pain for your little baby..please don`t..there is a website called pregnancyhelpnow.com.. has links for help in all areas..God bless you & your boyfriend & your baby that wants to live..
|

12 years later, and, I still cry. I had a child 4 years after I aborted my first child. I thought somehow that it would get better once I had a child. I've never had trouble conceiving; and, I am blessed for that. I love my children. But, I regret killing my first baby. It is something I wish I could change. The memory never goes away. I cannot begin to describe the love and joy that your child will bring to you. Please don't kill your baby.
|

don't do it
I've had two and yes they hurt. The emotional side effects may not present themselves for years, but they will come and the regret of having your child surgically ripped apart will stay with you for a lifetime.
|