Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

avoiding lung cancer

Must Read
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with cancer. But what exactly is cancer and how does it affect the body?...
What puts you at risk for developing cancer? Learn how you can avoid or reduce exposure to risk factors for cancer here....
Cancer can occur anywhere in the body. But what are the signs and symptoms of cancer? Learn about general symptoms of cancer here....
Hello. I am 18 and have been smoking for about a year.I fully understand it increases chances of lung cancer, chest infections, throat infections, coughs, yellows skin (i could go on forever).
However i do not wish to give up, because in spite of all these health drawbacks i genuinly love a roll up.
I smoke 5 american spirit roll ups (pure tobacco, no additives) a day. (morning, before work, work break, after work, and before bed).
I wish for an estimate on the percentage of me getting lung cancer. (eg "you hav a 3% chance before ae of 50").
I also wish to know is there any other way to reduce chance? I always eat good, walk 3.3 miles to work 4 times a week. Does excersize, and healthy food make a difference?
I have also heared on the internet that vitiman B17, found in alot of fruit pips can reduce chances, so i always eat the pips out of my 2 daily apples.
Any help is well appreciated.
Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 27th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Roll-up tobacco contains the same cancer-causing chemicals as manufactured cigarettes.
The more cigarettes you smoke a day, the higher your risk of cancer.
Even people who smoke 1–4 cigarettes a day are still almost three times more likely to die of heart disease and lung cancer than non-smokers.
Yet, the number of years you spend smoking affects your cancer risk more strongly than the number of cigarettes you smoke a day.
Remember, that even taking healthy food, doesn't guarantee wiping away the negative effect of tobacco.
|
Did you find this post helpful?