Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Audio Sclerosis

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone could provide any information on audio sclerosis. The women on my father's side have a history of this, and I have been having trouble with my ears allmy life, which seem to be worsening lately, with a possibility of hearning loss (symptoms: feeling of pressure in the ears, irritation on the skin, weeping, constant ringing). I would like more information on this particular disorder so that I feel more prepared before the next time I go to see the doctor-and to calm my nerves a little bit! As a fulltime musician and student my hearing is very important to me, and if I am exagerrating the situation I would like to stop that RIGHT NOW. I am feeling quite scared about the whole thing, to be honnest. Does anyone have any information?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Treble93
|

replied March 14th, 2012
AudioSclerosis
what state do you live in? the best dr. for this is in mn. it only genitic and in women I have it my mom her twin sister and my daughter is going to be tested soon. my mom has been near deaf so she has had 3 ear operations my aunt wears hearing aids but is still near deaf.I just keep having mine checked because I have it progressing.
|

replied March 14th, 2012
what state do you live in? the best dr. for this is in mn. it only genitic and in women I have it my mom her twin sister and my daughter is going to be tested soon. my mom has been near deaf so she has had 3 ear operations my aunt wears hearing aids but is still near deaf.I just keep having mine checked because I have it progressing.
|

replied April 17th, 2014
i have it too...just diagnosed...It is hereditary, and my brother has it as well
|