Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gallbladder Disease Forum

Atypical gallbladder attack symptoms?

Must Read
Are you suffering from gallbladder pain? We describe the location and function of the gallbladder to target possible problems....
When do you need to see a doctor about possible gallbladder problems? Learn to distinguish signs and symptoms of gallbladder disease to take action before it's...
Gallstones are the most frequent cause of an inflamed gallbladder. Know the common symptoms of gallstones or gallstone attack....
I have been having what I believe to be gallbladder attack symptoms. I have the golf ball like feeling on my upper right side. I get the burning, gnawing feeling. But lately I've been having burning in my lower back and that same gnawing pain on my lower right side, basically a few inches lower from where my original pain is. It comes and goes. Has anyone experienced these pains associated with gallbladder issues?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 9th, 2012
Welcome to e health forum. ‎

It is possible that your symptoms to be due to gall bladder dysfunction associated with gall stones. The ‎cause is ‎usually due to poor dietary habits, chronic liver diseases, obesity and a sedentary ‎lifestyle. ‎ ‎

The common presentation due to gall bladder dysfunction include - Pain or tenderness under the rib ‎cage on ‎the ‎‎‎right side , Pain ‎‎between shoulder blades, Stools light or chalky colored, Indigestion after ‎eating, ‎‎especially fatty or ‎‎greasy foods, ‎‎Nausea, Dizziness, Bloating, Gas, Burping or belching, ‎Feeling of fullness or ‎food ‎not digesting, ‎‎Diarrhea (or ‎‎alternating from soft to watery) and or ‎Constipation. ‎

Diagnosis of the cause would require imaging studies like a ultrasound and blood tests (liver functions). ‎

Improved diet (Avoidance of high fatty foods and grease), Physical exercise, weight loss provide the best results ‎in ‎‎‎individuals with low functioning gall bladder. Medicines to improve digestion and cleanse the gall bladder ‎can also ‎‎‎be prescribed to help in improvement of symptoms. ‎

The definitive treatment of such conditions is cholecystectomy for patients who are able to tolerate surgery.‎

You might consult with your doctor for additional information and proper treatment.‎

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gallbladder Disease , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.