Medical Questions > Pregnancy Forum > Am I Pregnant Forum

at the time of 2nd test my girlfriend was on PRIMOLUT

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
User Profile
we had 2 negative pregnancy test...
first was not day
with the first urine of the day
but 2nd was with the first urine of the day..but at the time of 2nd test my girlfriend was on PRIMOLUT N
and she is stil on primolut N
for 3 tablets in a day
for 10 days
but still 10 days are yet to be completed

we had the test after 34 and 39 days of the sexual act,,
and in the sexual act the male means me have not discharged at all and the act was just 4,5 minutes long that also from behind not penetrating in the vagina....
what are the odds for us

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 22nd, 2012
Menstruation Answer A36317
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
Pregnancy does not result if there is no vaginal intercourse or if there is no contact of semen or pre-cum with vagina. If semen pre-cum has come in contact with vagina during sexual contact, chances of pregnancy are possible (especially if the girl is during her fertile days/close to her ovulation time). Urine pregnancy test kits usually start giving positive results (if pregnant) about 20days post-conception (corresponding to about 7 days after missed/altered periods). If she is on hormonal pills for induction of period or prevention of pregnancy, she should get withdrawal bleeding within about 10 days of taking her last pill dosage (if she is not pregnant). Wait and watch for her periods/withdrawal bleeding. Look out for development of any new symptoms if pregnancy is suspected. She should visit her gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance if she does not get her periods within 10 days of expected period dates, or gets abnormal bleeding. If pregnancy gets ruled out and if you are not ready for pregnancy, but intend to remain sexually active, you should consider getting her started on suitable regular birth control measures to be protected (after her periods). She should be regular with birth control use as instructed. Avoid having unprotected sexual contact if you are not ready for pregnancy. She should stop the use of hormonal contraceptive if pregnancy is suspected, or if pregnancy gets confirmed.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Am I Pregnant , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.