Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Cosmetic Surgery, Plastic Surgery Forum

Asymmetric face

User Profile
I have just recently turned 15 ,i am a female. I have realized over the last year or two that my face is not proportion which i have now found is called asymmetric face. I have researched this and look at pictures and they all match to what i have, an uneven jaw; mine is more developed on my left hand side of my face which makes that side looks 'fatter' than my right.My cheeks look different when i smile and one of my eye brows is slightly tilted but only when you analyse my face very closely you can realise my eyebrow, my nose is slightly tilted which can be seen on pictures. with me being a teenager this gets me down and i am insecure about my face although no-one seems to notice it, however i do and its get my down. My jaw sometimes locks too. I don't know wheter this is linked but when i was around 10 i have a hole in my right hand side tooth and whilst getting round to booking a dentist appoinment to get a film i ate to the other side should i eat to my right with my jaw still developing?
People don't seem to find me unattractive and they don't notice it no-one has ever pulled me up about it, but to me, because I know its there, its unbelievably prominent to me :\
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper judith1234
|

replied August 11th, 2010
Empathy to Asymmetry!
I have almost the same exact problems that you've just named! I'm 16, and for a while my asymmetrical face really bothered me. I considered getting surgery when I got older, too. I talked to my friend about it, and she mentioned that it probably has a lot to do with being young and insecure. And a little vain, too. Being so invested in perfection and beauty in appearance isn't a good idea, because there's so much more to being attractive than a perfect face. No one is going to come up to you and say, "Woah, your right eye is, like, .0000005 mm higher than your other one. You're a freak." Life isn't all about looking like a plastic barbie doll, so don't get caught up in it. (But if you REALLY, REALLY want to get surgery, they've got good deals in South Korea. My cousin got her double eye lids there.)
|
Users who thank Serial94 for this post: jenxxx 

replied August 12th, 2010
i understood your shearing but my question is that why do people like surgery . i think may be change face or any problem in life .
|

replied August 29th, 2010
I do have issues with a face unbalanced due to surgery following a car accident where by jaw was broken on each side when I was 17.
Operated on 3 times.I was told medical could not do more for me at the time as left me with crooked tilted jaw bone.Looks more noticeable over the years.I would check medical prof occasionally to see if medical help available.and now maybe possibility .Has anyone experienced similar concerns//?
|

replied September 14th, 2010
mmm that ok my face are asymetricall and my nose is a bit crooked but sometimes strangers that i donno come to me and tell me im verry pretty\handsom\beautifull.
but on my facebook pics and on gay dating site no one want to speak to me..
Sad
|

User Profile
Yeah I understand I think with being young it really does affect you alot more because I'm young I don't really have anything to worry about yeah having these bothers me but only when I make myself notice it, it's not the end of the world! The only thing I'm worried about is that my jaw often licks and causes me alot of pain but I will wait until I'm older and fully developed to decide wether i want surgery which I would drather not unless people realise it and my jaw causes me alot of pain thank you for the feed back Smile
|

if it makes you pain you should go to a doctor that Specializes in jaw .
|

hey-you folk under age of 26 or so--please do not worry as you are growing and changing more.So do not take it all too seriously.By age nmid 20s IF then still an issue THEN seek professional opinion.
My mishap was caused by crashing my face to road when i was an innocent passenger in my teens.That was years ago.But,that accident has caused so much change to my face.And not all good.But,I have to cope and get by as best i can and seeking new medical opinion now for changes that are causing eating concerns as well as visual.A damm hassle.So anyone with their natural face-you are so so lucky.Treasure it and allow it to grow to your 20s before taking uneveness too seriously.Hope that helps.
|