Medical Questions > Mental Health > Autism Forum

ASPERGER SYNDROME and SOCIAL CUES

Must Read
Start to understand this serious developmental disorder here. We review causes of autism, risk factors for development and other related health conditions...
Researchers believe that environmental and genetic reasons cause autism. But what group(s) are more at risk than others? Autism causes and risk factors here....
Main symptoms of autism involve communication, behavior and social difficulties - but when do these appear? and what symptoms are truly caused by autism?...
User Profile
why cant i get jokes right away? read social cues? or hide from people reading my social cue? and why am i so literal? i know the easiest anwser is to say because you have autism. but my question is why scientifically does autism cause that effect? Cool
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 15th, 2009
Experienced User
they say it's genetic or from lack of oxygen from child birth or not enough weeks in the womb?
|

replied April 15th, 2009
Experienced User
ASPERGER SYNDROME and SOCIAL CUES
Hi there

Autism and aspergers is the result of working with one side of the brain only.
Usually the logical side.
The emotional side does not get activated.
This is often caused by a malfunctioning corpus callosum, the body of nerve fibers connecting the two hemispheres of the brain

Signals constantly travel between the right and left brain and this gives us a complete picture of what is going on in the world.

It is a bit like looking at the world with only one eye. You lose perspective and depth.
General Moshe Dayan Lost an eye in a skirmish with the French in the desert and in his autobiography describes the difficulty of seeing with one eye. He could not judge distance and kept tripping over things.

Autism is similar. You need both sides of the brain to function in order to understand jokes.
One side hears the words, and the other side the meaning. If you put these two together you understand the joke.

A Florida researcher and his co-workers and colleagues have identified a milk protein, casomorphin, as the probable cause of attention deficit disorder and autism. They found Beta-casomorphin-7 in high concentrations in the blood and urine of patients with either schizophrenia or autism.

The main protein in cow's milk is casein. This protein breaks down in the intestine to produce a peptide casomorphine, an opiate. Another researcher found that casomorphin could cause or aggravate the symptoms of Aspergers or Autism.
Another researcher wrote; "The quantities of these compounds, as found in the urine, are much too large to be of central nervous system origin.
The quantities are such that they can only have been derived from the incomplete breakdown of certain foods."
Allergies causes incomplete breakdown of foods.
And dairy is the most allergenic substance in the human diet.
No other animal suckles from its mother after infancy.

Good luck

Kinergy
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2010
There is a well supported theory that people with an autistic spectrum disorder, in most cases, have been deprived of oxygen during/after birth - this can cause brain damage, therefore, perhaps, damaging the part of your brain that controls said difficulties you are experiencing. However, this is merely what I have heard.
|

replied April 28th, 2013
Umm - My family have a history of eccentrics and people with aspergers. So explain that with bloody milk and birth oxygen! Science is not truth - it's as close as whoever wrote the paper has managed!
|