Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

ASCUS with inflamed and red cervix

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I went to the doctor 6 mnths. ago and was diagnosed with ASCUS. I went back for a repeat pap smear the other day and the doc. said my cervix was red and inflamed. Why would it still be red and inflamed from 6 mnths ago.? I have also been in a relationship for 4 yrs. and have been tested for just about every std. and everything has been neg.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 24th, 2011
Hi

I went to the doctors about 3 years ago and she 'mentioned' that i was inflamed, but never said anything more about it. A couple of weeks ago i went back to the doctors because i was bleeding after sex, and she also said that my cervix was inflamed and referred me to the colposcopy clinic. Everything came back normal, but my cervix needs cauterising to stop the bleeding/inflamation. it makes me wonder that i had that same problem 3 years ago but they didnt want to do anything about it. All my biopsies and smear came back fine, so must just be one of those random things that happen for no real reason - i've been married for years and definately have no STI's either.
|
Did you find this post helpful?