Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

Arch of foot burning

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
I am 33 and in good health. (5' 11" 185 lbs)
I have never had any health problems, nor have I ever had any problems with my feet.
About a week ago, I noticed a very warm sensation in the arch of my left foot.
It doesn't hurt at all; it just feels like I have my foot close to a heat source.
The first time, I actually looked under my computer desk to make sure that the power strip wasn't overheating.

The sensation occurs every 15 minutes or so, but sometimes I'll go for a few hours without experiencing it at all.

I wear steel toe boots every day and have been wearing my current pair for about 3 months.

Any ideas?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper ellenj
|

User Profile
replied July 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
moving to foot forum so that you can get some answers
|

replied July 5th, 2008
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Does anyone have any suggestions?
|

replied August 11th, 2008
heat in arch of left foot
I do not believe it has to do with steel toe shoes. I am 53 in good health and have not had problems with my feet either. Three weeks ago my left arch began heating up for about 10 seconds and cooling down just as you described. I found your post while researching for my own answers. My arch heats up while standing, sitting, lying down or in the water. Any ideas surfaced?
|

replied January 10th, 2010
I am a 31 yr old female good health. I have the same warming sensation in my arches. It is so weird.I can see that I am not alone which is a comfort of some kind but no one knows what it, or what it means. Crazy! Bummer! I work 2 jobs and am on my feet all day. But if you are in a cubicle then there is no relationship to standing IDK. Sorry.
|

replied January 21st, 2010
I am 31yrs old female in good health and i have been experiencing the same heat sensation in the arch of my left foot only. I'm on my feet alot during the day. It doesn't hurt, but it is an odd sensation. It comes and goes. Has anyone figured this out? Glad to know other people have experienced this and it's not just in my head!
|

replied February 21st, 2010
Burning Sensation in Arch of Foot
I am 23 years old and in good health. I noticed the burning sensation in the arch of my right foot. I doesn't hurt or anything it's just very odd. I am at a desk all day so I don't do a lot of walking.
|

replied November 8th, 2010
I am a 34 year old female who also has been having a warm sensation on the bottom arch of my right foot that comes and goes. The first time I had this feeling I also was sitting at my computer desk and had to look under it thinking that somrthing was either burning or heating up. This has been going on for a couple weeks. Its driving me crazy not knowing what it is. Someone please tell me what is going on. Thanks!
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied February 7th, 2011
I stumbled upon this while looking up some answers for burning sensations in my arch. I'm a 28yr old female and moderately active. This seems to have a link to either tendinitis or plantar fasciitis. However, not being an expert, I'd start looking there for more answers. Neither of those two things have to be related to sports either so it wouldn't matter if you were more active or not. Hope that helps a little but I'm still looking for better answers...
|

replied October 4th, 2011
Burning arches
Check out tarsal tunnel syndrome, similar tocarpal tunnel syndrome but in arches.
|

replied January 12th, 2012
Hot arch in foot
I have exactly the same thing! The arch in my left foot heats up every now and again, several times a day, then disappears and comes bakc. Has just started in the last wekk. Im active all day. Looked up reflexology which claims this area, specifically where I am feeling it, corresponds to the stomach. And in the last week, I have definitely been having stomach problems! but dont know exactly what is wrong yet. Could be a link. Depending on what you believe...
|

replied June 16th, 2012
I'm still searching for answers. I am 31yrs old and just noticed a warming sensation forming on the bottom of my right foot a few days ago. No idea why. The only 2 things I can recall changing in my daily routine: took up swimming (recreational), and adding a crap load of vitamins to my diet. Think either of those might have something to do with it?
|

replied March 29th, 2013
Warm sensation in left arch
I am 48 and have been having the warm sensation in left arch. Good to know others have been feeling the same thing, but no one has an answer in all the posts above. Have any of you found out what is going on? When I have done research on google, always brings up burning sensation with pain. I have no pain and doesn't feel like burning, just feels very warm, but not to the touch. It feels like I have stepped on a heating pad in arch area. I haven't had any stomach pain either. It doesn't hurt, just a weird sensation. It will last only a few seconds, goes away and then will come back 3-4 times throughout the day with standing, walking, standing or lying down. Any information will be appreciated.
|

replied March 7th, 2014
Warm Sensation in Arch of Foot
I am 53 and Googled warm sensation in the arch of your feet. I too found alot of burning & pain results. I feel no pain. The 1st time it happened I was walking in the house & thought my dog had an accident & I stepped in it. There was nothing there & it lasted a few seconds, goes away & comes back several times a day. This has been going on for several days now. My position or activity also has nothing to do with it. Would love to know what's causing it.
|
Quick Reply