Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

Appendix removed 5 yrs ago but still have pain?

Must Read
How do you know if abdominal pain is caused by appendicitis or not? First know where to locate the appendix in your body. Learn more here....
Classic symptoms of appendicitis include pain in the center of the abdomen that moves down and to the right. Learn more about signs and symptoms of appendix pr...
Understand how to diagnose appendicitis and abdominal pain correctly. Appendicitis may be the cause of your discomfort but symptoms vary. Learn more now. ...
User Profile
I already had my appendix removed 5 years ago but still have pain in my lower right side sporadically. I also feel tired and sick to my stomach if I eat certain foods, but I've always had a weak stomach. I can't afford to go to the Dr. right now. What could it be?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 10th, 2011
Appendix and Appendicitis Answer A19467
Hello and thank you for posting your health query on E health Forum.

From the history provided, your abdominal pain could be associated with the post surgical scar tissue weakness or tenderness.

The symptoms described are very nonspecific and do not help to give a proper cause of your problems. A complete history regarding your dietary habits, current symptoms in addition to a physical examination will be helpful to know the cause of your stomach issues.

Most common causes of abdominal discomfort associated with intake of meals could be due to GERD (gastro esophageal reflux disorder) , peptic ulcer disease , malabsorption syndromes, intolerance to gluten or lactose, gall bladder disease, etc.

You might consider to consult your health care provider for additional information and treatment.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Appendix and Appendicitis , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.