Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Appendix and Appendicitis Forum

appendicitis, gallstones, Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

Must Read
As many as one in five Americans experience symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). But what is IBS? And what types of IBS do doctors diagnose?...
Age, gender and diet all play a role in who develops IBS. But what causes irritable bowel syndrome? And who is at highest risk of this medical condition?...
Symptoms of other conditions can mimic IBS. Click here to learn to tell IBS from other digestive disorders and know when you need to seek medical help....
I started over a week ago having pain on the right side of my abdomen and a little pain where the appendix is. I saw a doctor on Wednesday and he said its probably gallstones and not appendicitis at all...so I drank some apple juice and within a day the majority of the pain disappeared. But I still have slight pain where my appendix is, so I went to the doc again 2 days later and saw a different doctor who said that its not appendicitis and that its probably associated with Irritable Bowel Syndrome (ive had it since i was born practically). I dont have a fever, im not vomitting, i can move and walk fast and do my daily activities with no problem...but Im just weirded out by this slight pain where my appendix is. Two docs told me its not appendicitis because Id be in much more pain and it wouldnt last over a week...so what could it be? IBS usually hurts in the stomach area, not where the appendix is. Have any of you ever felt this kinda pain before? I still think something is wrong with my appendix even though I was told its not that.
Did you find this post helpful?
|