Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

anything I can take to help me Ovulate?

Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
User Profile
I have been seeing my doctor to find out why after 3yrs of trying why I am not getting pregnant and after many tests and scans I have been told that I am not ovulating,but they do not know why.I have been told that I have to loose 3 st before I can have clomide! This is on top of 2st that I have already lost since oct. Is there anything else I can take to help me Ovulate while I keep going with the weight loss?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 13th, 2011
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A19583
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
Not being able to ovulate is an important factor and cause for infertility. Consider discussing with your treating doctor/gynecologist about going ahead with a complete infertility work-up to determine the exact cause for inability to ovulate. Weight loss is also important as increased weight can disturb hormonal balance and cause problems with ovulation.
Focus on the weight loss as directed and continue with treatment as suggested. Sometimes you can conceive without help of ovulation inducers (eg Clomid) with just the current treatment (Metformin that you are taking) and with weight loss (being in ideal weight for height range).
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.