am 40 weeks 3 days pregnant. had a c section 7 years back after failure of induction n fetal distress.this time again am post dates.my bpp at 40 wks was 10/10.Cx was long with os 1 finger. getting my ctg n kickcount daily. both r ok.doc says she ll wait till 41 weeks. she doesnt want to induce labour. is there anything i can do to avoid section. i want a svd this time.please help.
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The chances of vaginal delivery would depend on how your cervix responds to the induction and to the rupture of water bag (and release of chemicals from it to induce cervical ripening). You can consider going ahead with waiting upto completion of 42 weeks to see if you have natural onset of labor, failing which induction of labour should be planned. If the baby is of normal weight and development, vaginal delivery should be possible (provided you do not have complications like scar rupture and scar tissue in uterus due to previous c-section affecting the progression of labour). Be in regular follow-up and monitoring of your gynecologist/obstetrician. Drink plenty of water. Try with mild exercises like walking (in safe limits).
"Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals.
For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our
medical experts page.
You may also visit our Labor and Delivery , for moderated patient to patient support and information.
The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician.
Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.