Medical Questions > Mental Health > Bipolar Relationships Forum

Anyone who has suffered through the effects of bi polar disorder

Anyone who has suffered through the effects of bi polar disorder with a spouse or significant other like to chat? This is new for me and just needing people who are going through this to relate to. People in my life who have not endured this do not understand. I invite anyone with bi polar disorder to share your thought and insight into your relationships to help me understand what goes through their minds....thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper oneconfusedchic30
|

replied February 11th, 2012
Move on, there is no understanding the irrational...
They are self absorbed people. They don't care about anyone. They will blame you for everything. At the end, you will be so messed up emotionally, it will take years to recover. But they will be fine. They will move on to someone else quickly. I'm here to let everyone know, bipolars belong with bipolars. That way no one gets hurt because they don't care. Best of luck to you if you stay. You will remember my post. That I know for sure.
|

My head knows this relationship is not good for me emotionally but my heart remembers the man I fell in love with...Right now Im a wreck...Last weekend he was here at my house on his way to California for visitation with his son...he nitpicked at everything I did, criticized me, told me I dont take care of what I need to take care of in terms of my house, my car, my bills...he doesnt see I do my best...and I do procrastinate but I do take care of my house and car best I can(Im a single mother supporting two boys, have my own home, its not the greatest house but its not bad either and Im proud of myself for what I have)...yet this man has a house his father bought him, a brand new truck his father gave him and rental houses he acquired while married that he has that are going through foreclosure and collects rent from (this is his only source of income right now, he does not want to work a regular job because he says he needs and wants to be off work most of the year so he can be available for his sons visitation)...I have no one helping and paying my bills, Im doing it all myself alone. I think thats something to be proud of. This Bi polar disorder - he has not been professionally diagnosed but everything I read and see points to it - its all new to me and Im struggling with how to deal with it and where to go from here and where he and I stand. He can be the most generous, kind, exciting and charismatic man Ive ever known....then this ugly side of him come out and Im crying and emotionally crushed.....
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Wow. Way to paint everyone with the same brush. Of course, you're right--ALL people with bipolar disorder are EXACTLY the same, they all mistreat and blame their significant others, and they're all flighty as hell, too, moving on to their next relationship without a care in the world. There certainly doesn't exist anyone with bipolar disorder anywhere in creation that does not evince every last one of the traits you list. They absolutely don't deserve to have relationships with people without disorders, either. Hey, I know! We could stick them all together somewhere convenient, you know, in a camp or something. Then they wouldn't interfere with all those normal folks.

A lot of people come here in search of support, and a lot come here to support others. You seem to have a pretty clearly defined agenda, one that only involves telling people that those with bipolar disorder are not worth their time or love.

I sincerely hope you manage to let go of your overwhelming bitterness, however well-deserved you might feel it is, before it does you in.
|

I believe bi polar or not, he deserves and needs love...I can give him a lifetime of love...in my case he just pushes me away...he hasnt talked to me in 6 days and deep in my heart i believe he loves me. But Im grieving as if he died and is gone because thats the way it feels....it hurts the things he says when he is cycling, its painful, but its even more painful when hes gone.....
|

Im desperately seeking support as I dont know if Im coming or going right now....Im desperate for help in understanding what goes through a bi polars mind.....if you can help,please....
|