Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Psoriasis Forum

Any good natural ways to soothe psoriasis outbreaks?

Must Read
What is eczema? We review basic facts on types of eczema and provide the medical definition of this common skin disorder here....
Children are more likely to get eczema. But are you at risk of this skin condition? Also, info on what causes eczema in this section....
Do you know how to identify symptoms of eczema? We review the common signs of eczema in adults and kids and let you know when to seek medical help....
I'm interested in finding out if anyone has discovered any good, natural ways to soothe and relieve psoriasis outbreaks. I've been reading a lot about sea salts and seaweed baths - anyone had any luck with either of these?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 25th, 2011
Hey Sarah. I just started using Seaweed Bath Company bath powder and I LOVE it. It smells great, too... I was afraid it would smell weird and like seaweed but the citrus one is awesome.
|

replied May 24th, 2011
relatively unheard of is psoeasy natural cream. I got it in a shop at the Dead Sea and it really surpassed my expectations, relieving the symptoms very well. If you're not on your way to the Dead Sea though, you probably can get it online. Hope that helps.
|

replied February 29th, 2012
Very interesting. I'll have to look into this too. Thanks for the info
|

replied May 27th, 2011
Hello, yes, I've started using a 'body gel' to combat outbreaks, and they also make a rather nice-smelling shampoo too - both of which have provided great relief. I have only been using them for the lasy few months, and not sure if the effects will continue to last, but they helped clear a flare up of scalp psoriasis much quicker than the dovobet I had been using previously, and smelled better too!
|

replied July 5th, 2011
psoriasis relief
I found a group in Thailand, they are called naturesbalm, there is a website naturesbalm.weebly.com a great 2 pack cream set totally natural has anyone else used this, I would like to get a supplier here.
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

replied September 4th, 2011
The cause of psoriasis is overreaction of the immune system. Keeping it in a balanced state is the key point of battling this disease. I try to eat healthy food and avoid stress as much as I can. Sun tanning is very helpful too.
After using number of prescription drugs I've turned to the natural treatments.
Now I use serenaskin psoriasis remedies .
After about 2 weeks of using ointment and spray my skin has been cleared up and now I continue with psoriasis extract, which controls the immune system. My skin has been clear for months.
It is the only treatment I have found that provides me complete relief when I use it as directed.
|

User Profile
replied September 24th, 2011
Of course the best way is to try to prevent them in the first place, but this is nearly impossible.

Have you tried Urielpure's Skin Ointment? I've had an amazing amount of luck with this. It works better than all of the other things I've tried. I get it directly from their site
It soothes and relieves my symptons very quickly.

Good Luck!

- Theresa
|

replied March 16th, 2012
Re: Any good natural ways to soothe psoriasis outbreaks?
SarahInAustin wrote:
I'm interested in finding out if anyone has discovered any good, natural ways to soothe and relieve psoriasis outbreaks. I've been reading a lot about sea salts and seaweed baths - anyone had any luck with either of these?

Hello SarahInAustin(my daughters name,not Austin, just Sarah! LOL),
|

replied March 26th, 2013
hi, i am suffering from psoriais for last 5yre. and i contact to many dermatologist but reduce it after that i turn to ayurveda i relif in patches and itching it take 2 month and it completly gone but some precaution and ur diet control is necesarry if u follow in daily routien so feel good otherwise it is not cure completly..it is true ....i realise that .....i am taking much precautions for that ....and that time i have no patches in my body for last 2 months ....if u want to apply my method and u have time (its time taking method..approx 1-2 hours daily) so apply that its 100% result oriented ...
|

replied March 26th, 2012
natural help for psoriasis
I have moderate psoriasis and have found a combination of things that arew orking for me.
1. I'm taking flax seed oil and fish oil. Careful with the fish oil some contain mercury
2. using a blend of grade A Essential oils including Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Tea Tree oil, Frankincense, in a base of Jojoba applied once/twice daily.
3. tanning once every two weeks for about 10 minutes ( I'm in Alaska and we get very little sun in the winter)
4. I'm looking into foods that are high in antioxidants and that also promote immune system health.
5. having a reflexologist work over your endocrine system including thyroid etc really helps promote immune system health.
|

replied April 1st, 2012
Healing Psoriasis
I put together few things to help you get started eliminating Psoriasis:

First of all you should drink lots of water

Eat fruits and vegetables, increase your daily fiber intake- fiber 1 cereal - has 51% of daily fiber ... eat Whole foods, complex carbohydrates -whole wheat ...
drink every morning for three months powder with hot water - it's called slippery elm bark, it helps a lot. you can find this and many other products on this site.

Avoid the following things

dont not eat tomatoes peppers no matter what color including paprika or spicy food

do not eat white potatoes or eggplants
do not smoke

These are called the night shades:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanaceae

avoid red meat - it's best to eat chicken without skin or fat and eat fish - rich in omega three Salmon, turkey is good too.

Avoid can foods.

do not eat things that are full of fat, oil or fried stuff

Avoid sweets and processed foods - its very hard for the body to digest them

Another thing that helps it avoid alcohol and coffee - one cup of coffee a day is fine but try not to mix it with milk or sugar. if you drink alcohol, drink wine.

The reason why you have psoriasis is because your body is too acidic. meaning your PH level is below 7

here is a link to a list of the acid alkaline foods.

http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.ht m

I recommend eating few raw almonds a day- not salted. they are great for your body.

A great way to clean the body is by doing the apple detox diet

http://www.livestrong.com/article/402937-a pple-detox-diet/

Also, read about Edgar Cayce- the father of the holistic medicine

In addition there is oil called castor oil. Its great and reduces skin irritation

Basically psoriasis signs indicates that the body is not clean inside
I recommend you to do a colon cleanse - slightly unpleasant but very helpful- do it at least 10 times and watch what you eat during this time.
The skin is the largest organ in the body and serves as a cleaning organ, cleaning all the junk out of the body through the skin- so in order to clear your skin, you need to clean your body. your liver cannot keep up- its over taxed.
I highly recommend massaging the abdomen every morning, it help move things... and a very healthy thing to do.

I read a book about psoriasis and it said to take certain vitamins, It helped a little but I did not continue with it for a long time because I do not like to take lots of pills every day - another thing about psoriasis is that your body has vitamin deficiency. - try to take a mutli vitamin, choose the brand carefully.

apply a lotion with no scent- many times your skin may get irritated from the lotion.

Another thing that helps is to take a bath with Dead Sea salt There is another kind of salt that is also good, its called epson salt

The drugs and creams the doctor gave me didnt help, it stained my clothes and cost a lot of money.

Read about Dr. Pagano, I read his book and I understood exactly what happens to my body.

After a shower put lotion or the oil I said - the problem with this oil is really thick

before I forget - you have to think positive, use daily positive affirmations

I just wrote whatever came out of my head, if there is anything else I didnt mentioned, I will let you know.

If you have further questions feel free to contact me.

I know it might be too much to change at once, but its worth it.

Good luck!
|

replied November 11th, 2012
TRY THIS IT WORKS FOR ME, MY PSORIASIS FOR 5YEARS IS NOW GONE. FOR ABOUT 5MONTHS NOW MY SKIN IS NOW NORMAL.

DO NOT USE ANY STERIOD CREAM. THIS WILL LESSEN YOUR ITCH BUT WILL GET YOU WORSE IN THE FUTURE.

DONT EAT PASTA,BREAD, WHEAT PRODUCTS, POTATO. SWEAT POTATO, CORN, MILK. CANED FOODS, PROCESS MEAT.
AVOID TOO MUCH SUGAR, CARBOHYDRATES (YOU CAN EAT BUT NOT TOO MUCH)

EAT HIGH FIBER (EX.BROWN RICE)
EAT FRUITS FOR SNACKS

AT FIRST MY ANTIBIOTIC IS DOXYCICLINE 2X A DAY FOR 7 DAYS ONLY OR UNTIL 14DAYS

AND MY MAINTENANCE SUPPLEMENT IS TURMERIC CAPSULE 2X/DAY
OR U CAN BOIL TURMERIC AND DRINK 2X/DAY

MILK THISLE CAPSULE 1000MG/DAY

FOR ITCHINESS THIS SOUND DIFF BUT IT WORKS. TRY YOUR NORMAL BLOWER FOR HAIR SET FOR MEDIUM HEAT AND THE AIR THAT COMES OUT CAN RELIEVE YOUR ITCH FOR A DAY. IF THE ITCH COMES BACK USE IT AGAIN. DO NOT SCRATCH THE SKIN IT WILL BE ONLY BE INFECTED. AND THE PSORIASIS WILL RETURN AGAIN.

MOST IMPORTANT DONT FORGET TO GO TO GYM FOR WORK OUT AND RELAXATION TECH.

THE KEY HERE IS TO DETOX UR LIVER. YOUR DSE IS IN SKIN BUT IF YOU LOOK DEEPER, UR LIVER IS RESPONSIBLE WHY THIS HAPPEN TO YOUR SKIN.WHAT YOU EAT IS NOT TOLERATED BY YOUR BODY. U CAN USE OTHER STRATEGY FOR DETOXING OR TRY WHAT I DID.

TRY IT AND SEE THE RESULT
|
Quick Reply