Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety Symptoms Every Day (Page 1)

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
Hello Everyone,
I'm a 20 year old female and experienced my first panic attack in December '07. I freaked out of course and rushed myself to the emergency room (I was the only one in my apartment at the time and for some reason was scared to call 911) the doctors of course said nothing was wrong with me and gave me a xanax and called my parents to come get me. Since then my life has been basically hell.

I experienced panic symptoms constantly...usually at night only as I was trying to fall asleep but then I began to feel them as I was sitting in my college classrooms. Usually I'd experience chest pain, difficulty swallowing, and difficulty catching my breath. Normally I could just leave the room and walk it off or calm myself down within a matter of minutes. At the time I was dating a guy who was experiencing panic symptoms as well and we kind of supported each other, however when we broke up in February I thought it would trigger more attacks but they gradually stopped, until late May of this year. I was staying at my parents house and started having a severe attack. I woke my mother because i was scared and she didn't know how to help me at all and I begged her to take me to the emergency room but she told me it would subside and for me to just relax! HA! EASY FOR HER TO SAY!!!

Since then I have been experiencing anxiety symptoms of some sort EVERYDAY. Sometimes it is dizziness, sometimes I feel like my throat is tightening and closing, sometimes I feel as if my vision is going/blurring. However, the most recent symptoms have been chest pains/sensations, numbing feelings in my left arm, dry mouth, tingling/burning sensations in my neck area and I cannot usually fall asleep until 4, 5, or 6 a.m. I went to the doctor the other day and he thinks I have some mild form of acid reflux which he put me on prilosec for...however, it hasn't really helped my sensations. I have found myself disengaging from everything around me...I have not stayed at my apartment in over a month for fear my roommates could not help me/save me if anything happened to me, fear of traveling long distances or going places because I'm afraid something bad will happen to me. I can't remember the last day where I felt "normal" for lack of a better word.

Basically I need someone to talk to who understands what I'm going through, which I am hoping to find in this forum. My mother thinks I'm nuts, my friends don't understand, and my ex and I no longer speak so I can't talk to him. I've made an appointment with a counselor I used to see when I was having problems with my family, body image, eating disorder, etc. However, she cannot see me until next week! I cannot live like this everyday anymore. I feel like I'm really losing control, plus my insomnia is making me irritable and frustrated. If anyone could respond who feels like I do or experiences the same things I do I would greatly appreciate it. I just feel so helpless and scared all the time.

- Mollie
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eightieslady41
|

replied August 6th, 2008
I deal with the same things... Constantly.

Everyday, all the time... I feel as if I can't catch a full breath of air, having chest pains, arm pains, back pains, IBS (the worst), Stomach pains, racing heart beat, visible pulse, dizziness.. You name it.. I've felt it. Anxiety is terrible.

But when I take a Xanax, or finally get the chance to relax. Most symptoms dissipate, although the rapid heart rate, usually doesn't.

When you pay attention to something, it'll happen.

When I was younger I used to question breathing.. So I'd sit there and actually try to breath deeper and deeper but couldn't catch a breath and would worry about it for a few minutes.. Forget all about it afterwards because breathing is natural, you can't force it.

Anything you focus on, can happen. Especially in your body. Your mind can trigger so many things at so many times.

A lot of anxiety is subconscious.

You ever wake up in the morning, off balance? Dizzy? Feeling like you can't breathe or with a racing pulse?

In the middle of the night when I wake up, my pulse starts trippin out.. Simply because I wake up thinking about problems. I can hardly sleep anymore either... I used to love it, now I dread it.

You'll be fine, stay positive and active. I'm 21, go to college 6 hours away from home.. My first panic attack was the night before a big exam.. I had to sit in an exam room with 200 ppl the next morning for three hours, thinking I was going to die, every minute of it.. Imagine that.
|

replied August 17th, 2008
I get them too... Once i started to open up ansd talk about it instead of hiding them, I realized alot of people get them too and that was a big thing, when it came to me overcomming them
|

replied August 18th, 2008
Experienced User
I never had a panic attack, but I have high anxiety I use to take Clonezapam. That sounds scary what is happening to you, hope the doctor can help. You also need to tell them that you are loosing sleep and need something to get to sleep at night.
|

replied August 21st, 2008
I feel the same exact way headaches, dizzyness,my left arm gets numb and sometimes feels like pins sticking in my arm,soemtimes i get the feeling like i am not going to be able to breathe. I do not like to be by myself because i feel like something will happen and I will be by myself so i'll be doomed. I don't like to drive long distances anymore for fear of a panic attack. every time i went to my doctor they never found anything wrong with me. I used to have really bad chest pains when i was stressed out with work i never realized till lately that's why i had them because when i went to the doctor they woulld tell me your young nothing is wrong with you or you are getting your period. You are not alone and not crazy your family and friends just do not understand.
|

replied October 15th, 2012
Anxiety and Hypertension
Hi, my first diagnoses was am having a hypertension but lately my doctor told me that i dont have any physical illness but i have mental illness called anxiety disorder which is severe now. I experience headache, palpitations ang High blood pressure. am also on my antihypertensive medicine and anxiloytic which is alprazolam altrox. Am also fear of dying. please help me on how to cope. thanks
|

replied March 6th, 2009
hey everyone im new here.
i think the worse time for me is waking up in the morning i had to quit work because i cant handle this feeling. i cant concentrate on anything i do its making my life so mesirible. My symptoms are cant breathe cuz im obsess thinking about all day , tighness in the stomach area, shaky numbness in all the body if i cant breathe, headaches, tired cant sleep sometimes, and my most problems is i cant relax. I was put on lorazapam 1mg to control this feeling but it doesnt really go away sometimes im really scared of whats going to happen to me. Can therepy help this problem im starting a group of class on mrch 18 for 10 weeks. Ive been thru this everyday and im still scared i know how you guys feel about this symptoms..thanks for everyone for this forum if someones out there wants to talk about this just send me a message... cuz i really need to talk to someone to one on one cuz it really helps talkin about it thank u...
|

replied March 7th, 2009
Experienced User
It has been a bit since I last posted, just wanted to update everyone that I had a panic attack a few weeks ago. I was scammed out of $300 that a guy claimed to offer me a job, put money in my account then took it right back out. I got so upset that my stomach hurt, and I got hot flashes and my chest hurt. I went to the hospital and they gave me some pills to calm me down. I still had hot flashes and stomach ache for a week.

I hope never to have that happen to me again. That was terrible.
|

replied April 5th, 2009
been there
iv totally been and still am at where you are. i hate leaving my house in fear something will happen. i cant drive alone bc once again what if something happens. i normally get the choking, hard to swallow symptoms. have been getting the headaches. nausea. i get dizzy all the time. it makes me feel like im high. lately iv had the back pains, shoulder pain, and sometimes chest pain.
but tonight i had a new symptom. tingling in my tongue.
have u ever had it?

i was told bc it affects everyday life, that it needs to be treated not only with meds. talking to someone who understands and wont just tell you everything is ok.
please keep me updated for it seems like we are in the same boat....that seems to be sinking!
|

replied April 5th, 2009
jesus turned my life around give him a chance to show you
mollie im sorry i dont experience anxiety but i can tell you a councelor, a healer, a doctor who brings me peace everyday i used to feel depressed and worried evryday feeling suicidal and hating life having problems. my thoughts were well i guess this is life that is how life is and i just put up with it. but some one told me about jesus and how he could come into my life and help me and heal me not just spiritually but physically. i faced terrible foot pain but as i placed my faith in jesus he healed my foot pain, took away my depression, took away my worries and he brought me peace comfort and love into my life. i now enjoy and love my life, he came to bring us life and abundantly in evey area of our life. jesus is the way and he is a free gift you only have to receive him into your life .
godbless ill pray for you.
|

User Profile
replied April 8th, 2009
Im having the same stuff babe... Sucks to the max hey?? I'm feeling so out of control and I hate it!! Worst part is that it is every day!!!!! I just want it to give me a break!!!! If you find anythin that works for you let me know!!!!!! Smile
|

replied May 28th, 2009
anxiety symptoms every day
Hi everyone,

I am in exactly the same boat. I have anxiety attacks virtually from the time I wake up in the morning until I go back to sleep the following night. ABout 4 to 5 months ago when I got my first full on panic attack I thought I was going to die. I had several attacks after that, probably on a weekly basis. I took my BP every chance I had. I become obbsessed with symptoms, heart beats, palpatations, numbness of arms, face, legs, and yes the tongue as well. Once I finally accepted it was all anxiety the symptoms toned down slightly. My doctors pushed for me to go on antidepressants. I finally gave in and tried Lexapro and Zoloft for 3 weeks. Both gave me adverse affects. Full on heart palpitations 24/7. Night sweats, had body tremors and could not settle. I saw a my neurologist as a follow up after having been asssigned to him in hospital 10 months ago when all this really started after having a sinus infection, and he did not agree with the GP and taking the antidepressants. He believes I should take Xanax to get me through the stage I am at now.
At the moment I have been suffering with anxiety symptoms all day. Throat restiction and tightness, chest pains, massive headaches, very dizzy and at the moment very angry. I have virtually stopped working the two days I used, I don't go to the gym any more and am to scared to leave the house. Thanks to my two young kids I try and keep their lives normal to some extent, which forces me to get the courage everyday and take them to school. I harly shop any more and today I finally went to the hairdresser after I don't know how long.
I have tried the psychologist sessions which were ok. I even tried a psychiatrsit for about five weeks, which made me hyperventilate one day and I have been able to control this symptom since. However, one day when I went in with an anxiety attack and he was going tthrough his cognitive steps of me over coming it, he told me that people like me would be referred to as nuts if I went to hospital and told them I thought I was having anything other than a panic attack. I never went back to him again.
My anxiety has affected everyone around me. My kids, husband, parents, friends rarely want to have much to do with me. Unless one is going through what we all are, there is not a person who can begin to understand how difficult it is. One's life become debilitating. I was a person who enjoyed life to the max. Now I have become someone who dreads waking up every morning. My neurologist suggested buying a book calledd The mindfullness and acceptance of anxiety workbook. So far from what I have read it is quite good. The other thing I find helps is meditation. A really good friend makes sure we go meditating to this fab place. If anyone lives in Melbourne Australia and would like the details, let me know. Yoga is good also when I get there. I usually find any excuse not to go as I am scared of collapsing. If anyone has come across any miracle cure please let me know. Until next time, good luck to everyone of you and remember you are not alone. There are a few of us out there experiencing the exact same thing. Gina
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
Anxiety/constant chest pain
Hi everyone. I am 25 years old, and after my grandmom had a heart attack last year I started having chest pains (my anxiety used to result in terrible stomach aches, but not anymore). The chest pain has become progressively worse, to the point where I have chest pain every single day. Xanax helps most of the time, but I'm convinced that I'm dying (even though I had a normal EKG in Jan, and no other health issues). I am constantly dizzy, spacey, and afraid of passing out or having a heart attack, especially while driving. I wake up in the morning anxious, and don't want to go to work. I hate my life right now, I don't remember the last time I felt "normal." It's a comfort to know that I'm not alone, I just need to end this before it gets out of control and I stop leaving my house.
|

replied January 16th, 2011
living with anxiety
Hi everyone, I so understand everything thing that everyone is posting on here. I had my first panic attack about a year and half ago. I didn't think I was ever going to get better. I felt like I was going to die at any moment. My safe place was in bed. Did not loose sleep but just wanted to get home from work as soon as possible and go to bed. It took my Zoloft about 2 months to work. I felt dizzie all the time felt like I couldn't catch my breath constantly checking my pulse and taking my blood pressure. I felt like I couldn't breath. When I would try to go out to eat or grocery store I would just start freaking out. Never wanted to be by myself because I was afraid something was gonna happen to me at any moment. I dropped 40 pounds in about 2 months. Went to several E.R.'s and my family doctor all the time. No one could find anything wrong with me. But finally light at the tunnel. I began to exercise on a daily basis and concentrate more on eating healthy and turning my problem over to God. And it has helped me so much. I am back to my old self again. I still have my moments but life is good again. Just hang in there.
|

replied October 4th, 2011
hi.....im actually going through the same thing....i just been diagnosed with anxiety....i had severe panic attack all week and now im feeling anxiety everyday....my head starts to hurt as if it's gonna explode and my ears starts closing as if im all congested....is your head suppose to hurt like that all day??? im starting to also change my diet and read the bible daily...how long before you started feeling better? please email me have a great day
|

replied January 17th, 2011
I know the feeling
I'm sorry you all are going through a rough time,panic attacks are serious I am thankful alot of people dont have to experiance the feeling that your life is danger or feeling that you are going to die, because to be honest its one of the worst feelings a human being could feel. My anxiety has actually come back as well as the panic attacks, I plan to write a book about my traumatic experience in hope I can help people with the same problem and also for people to be aware in general. The best solution to this problem is to see a psychiatrist to prescribe you proper medicine and cognitive therapy you need both for yourself to start feeling better. The medication I take took a long long time to kick in I mean months! Sooner or later I woke up feeling great no problems I'd say a panic attack once every 2-3 months.The main thing to realize is yes we have thus problem but it can be fixed. Hang in there!
|

replied January 20th, 2011
god knows i felt it all an i still feel ur pain..
yes god i no how u all feel omg yes i do i have 5 children an ive suffeed from all of u alls sym an more im so afraid. sumtymes i feel like when i swallow my spit sits at the top of my throat an wont go down i begin to get afraid to breathe afraid imma choak on my spit if i breath an not be able to catch my breath an no one will be around to help me.sumtymes i get so relaxed i feel like when i exhale im not gonna have enough strenth to inhale afraid of feelin like my lungs are gonna colapse doctors say im fine 10 different doctors im so scared dog scared my kids need me i dnt wanna stop breathin tired of feeling like this looking for a natural cure please help.
|

feel the same here tooo...the worst part in my case is no on understands me...they all think i am just tryin to fool them to escape work.....huh...god help us all....
|

Anxiety
Hi I'm carl an I'm a 26 male suffering from
Anxiety I always think I'm having heart attack, been to the doctor loads blood pressure is fine.I've had blood test and ECG but all clear.
I have chest aches all the time an sometime under my left arm pit,I always think I'm having heart attack all the time which is stressing me out even more I just need somebody to talk to about it.
Many thanks carl
|

replied February 6th, 2011
Nobody understands what I am going through. They all (my family/friends) think I'm crazy, Dr's think I'm crazy. As I type this I'm starting to think of myself as crazy too. I'm tired of putting the people I love through this hell too. I've always thought panic attacks would last a couple of minutes, or hours maybe, well mine has been going for four days strong. Dizziness, chest pain, tingling and numbness on my left side, lightheaded, feeling out of it. I've been dealing with anxiety since I was 19, I am 25 now and I am TIRED. I want my damn life back. I have two little boys that need me. I just wish it was easier said than done to overcome this...
|

User Profile
replied August 10th, 2011
Chest Pain and Panic attacks every day.
I also have debilitating chest pains everyday for almost a year now.
I also can't sleep until usually 4 to 6 am. sometimes not at all. My doctors also can't seem to find what is wrong. My family suffers because of my pain and stress. I feel helpless and sometimes even think about the sweet relief of oblivion. (though killing myself would destroy my children, and I can't do that to them.)

The medications I have tried so far just make me feel like a zombie, and they do not help the pain.

Xanax is very helpful, but I was only able to get some from a friend... No doctor will prescribe it for me.

So I am forced to break the law to get relief, which I can rarely get.

I can't hold a job. The last time I tried the panic attacks got so severe I repeatedly thought I was dying!

When I do try to sleep I end up tossing and turning pillow pressed hard against my chest, (the pressure helps a little.) Usually end up crying, or throwing a silent tantrum (hopeless, helpless, useless) and giving up. Back to the living room. TV is a mild distraction.

If these are panic attacks then I have panic attacks almost %50 of the time!

I feel for you. This is no way to live. How do I convince a doctor that I need a drug that is highly addictive, without sounding like an addict?

How do I explain the torture and constant fear to others without it sounding like an excuse to sit on my butt all day?

I have tried therapy without success. Meditation does nothing. Breathing exercises do nothing. So far... I am fully willing to try again, but when it doesn't work I get accused of not trying hard enough...

by people who don't have panic attacks...

I also have been developing social anxiety. I'm scared to leave the house. There are people out there...

The worst part is knowing there is no cure. Knowing there is nothing anyone can or will *(doctors and meds) do to help me. It's exhausting, depressing...

I hope you get better... I hope we all do...
good luck.
|

replied October 17th, 2011
That is so true. I have severe anxiety and I think that I have a brain tumor or am going to have a brain aneurism (aneurysm) and then I get this sick feeling to my stomach like I am going to pass out. I had the worst headache ever yesterday, where my head by my temples felt like it was pulsating or jumping. Has anyone ever had this? I have been to the ER numerous times thinking I was dying from heart attack. All tests came back normal, but now I am worried about my head because of the headaches. Anxiety is the worst thing I could possibly imagine
|

replied October 15th, 2012
I experience that too.. like now. Hi, my first diagnoses was am having a hypertension but lately my doctor told me that i dont have any physical illness but i have mental illness called anxiety disorder which is severe now. I experience headache, palpitations ang High blood pressure. am also on my antihypertensive medicine and anxiloytic which is alprazolam altrox. Am also fear of dying. please help me on how to cope. thanks
|
12 >>