Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety Medication Question - Temazepam

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I'll try to keep this as short as possible. I went to see my doctor yesterday and he proscribed me Prozac for anxiety and Temazepam for my insomnia/anxiety. I took my Temazepam at 11, as the Doctor recommended that I take it an hour before I plan on falling asleep. I took one 15mg pill at 11pm. I then waited until 2:00am because I just haven't felt like it was doing anything I took one more 15mg. It is now 6:00am and I can say it has had absolutely no effect. I just don't want to take another one because I'm just worried about exceeding the recommended dose. Which is one 15mg pill and night before bed.

Any advice you could give me would be much appreciated.

I was very excited to finally be able to have a good nights sleep. So feeling a bit let down.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 18th, 2013
Moderator & Greeter
It sounds a little late to respond, but I would NOT take ANYTHING without checking with the doctor. Psych meds often don't mix well, or double up well.
PLEASE check with your doctor before taking additional meds or changing your dosage or meds schedule.
Good luck!
|
Did you find this post helpful?