Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

Anxiety..huge fear that something bad will happen!

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
Hi everybody Smile
My names Christine.. & I'm 18 Smile
Well anyways I need help..
I have a huge fear of death in general.. Like i keep on getting huge panic attacks when I think that something might happen the people around me, e.g mother, father or brother..
My parents haven't been together since I was 3 so I always got very worried when I thought i was going to be taken off my mother in case something was going to happen her nd when im not with her im always afraid something will happen my dad or baby brother..
I get huge panic attacks when I think of something happening one of them nd I can bearly breath.
Somebody please help this is beginning to rule my life!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 22nd, 2011
Have you ever thought of seeking help from your GP OR a mental Health Project in your area? use the internet to find the nearest one to you and give them a visit. WE all get down at some time but if its really freaking you out try to do something about it, that will be positive. I wish you well in your quest for peace of mined.
|

User Profile
replied June 24th, 2011
I would find somebody to talk to this about. Once you realize it is a slightly irrational fear, perhaps you can overcome it. You are making good progress posting your thoughts!
|

replied June 24th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
if u hyperventilate try this; SOUNDS COUNTER INTUITIVE
Breath only thru your nose and slowly; the trick is to get past the (I need air panic) AND THE REASON is breathing is controlled by co2 carbon dioxide and when your normal level gets to a certain HEIGHT LEVEL, then your body opens for more air; WHAT U R DOING is giving the body TOO MUCH AIR, why; well because when u panic and breath fast u bring in more air than NORMAL pushing down the co2 carbon dioxide level THUS; the body actually closes down the lungs in stead of open them.
It might seem hard to understand but mull it around in your head and if u get a panic attack and can't breath; REMEMBER slowly thru the nose ONLY
best to u
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2011
Have you tried telling them about your fears? Your parents and others? Maybe they could call you every once and a while so you could check in
|