Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

anxiety , depression over relationship and potential move

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
Hi, I have been suffering from anxiety and depression for probably about 7 years now but since i moved to birmingham from rural scotland 18 months ago it has got progressively worse. I took an overdose 8 weeks ago as i was desperate. I just cant hold down a job, i miss my family and i am homesick but my partner wont move from here till i am better and if i do go back home now for medical help it will almost certainly be over between us. I am so unhappy at the moment, i have no money, my partner is very supportive financially but she is getting very impatient with me. I am absolutley stuck in a horrible situation, i want to go back to scotland but if i do i will lose my partner and that makes me very, very unhappy. I have had some counselling and tried CBT techniques but nothing seems to work for me. I also lack lots of confidence and self esteem and the last few days i have felt very depressed. I hate my life and i very badly need some help. The pressure is pushing me over the edge.

Did you find this post helpful?
|