Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety / cyclic vomiting syndrome.

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
What is it that happens inside my body when I get anxious/anxiety about something? Chemical relations maybe that triggers a condition that in the past has been diagnosed as cyclic vomiting syndrome. When I get anxious my heart rate increases, I get sweaty, my saliva increases and then I start uncontrollable vomiting. Which in some cases can last days. I can't hold any food or drink don't. I don't even feel like eating. I do drink fluids so I actually have something to spew. The only way I have been able to stop the spewing is by some form or relaxant, ie Valium, phenergan. Normal nausea medication has no effect; maxelon. My question is, what is my body doing this? And which part of my body is creating this; I really don't feel I can stop this; people have said it is all in my head and if I can calm my body down and relax I should be able to stop it, but this doesn't appear to be the case. I wanted to know what is reacting with what to cause this and is it possible to stop it before it happens. I can feel it is going to happen about 1-1.5 hours before it does. Any thoughts?
Did you find this post helpful?
|