Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety before period

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
I was wondering if anyone experiences anxiety before period. I get tense which causes my neck and back to be stiff. I clench my jaw. I have GERD type symptoms which make me feel like im having a heart atttack. I also notice i get numbness and tingling in legs. This all seems to happen at a certain time of the month. I was hypothyroid but have not been on medications for that for 2 years. My levels are within normal limits but I still feel like I could be hypo again. Any suggestions?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper sunnyinCA
|

replied June 7th, 2012
Hi, I'm glad to read this. I am new to posting here but I read on here a lot. I have recently started suffering greatly with panic attacks before my period. It just hits me about a week before I start, and it's usually 2-3 days in before I feel normal again. It's completely miserable. I'm very anti-hormones because we have breast cancer in my family. I too have thyroid problems but my doctor refuses to treat me (medicate) because she feels my levels are normal, even though they are barely within normal limits. I also have a nodule on my thyroid and I think I would feel a lot better if i were being treated for it. I get the numbness and tingling- that is also a thyroid problem. And the gerd problems as well. Constant belching is one of them for me. I hope you are able to get some help soon. I'm thinking of switching to an endocrinologist instead of my GP because with all of my symptoms, I feel like she's too conservative with her treatment, or lack thereof.
|

replied June 8th, 2012
I'm sorry you are suffering with this as well. It is very frustrating. I feel the same way. I am going to see if I can be referred to an endocrinologist also. Keep me posted on your progress.
|