Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety attacks with chest burning

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
First, I would like to thank all who respond to our questions and concerns.
I am age 37. suffer from severe anxiety attacks for 6 months, new to me.
6 months ago had echo, stress, ekg's and all fine. I am on xanax .25 2-3 times day. Xanax seems to only allow me to stay a little calmer during an attack but not necessarily keeps them from happening. When I am calm, I still suddenly feel burning in center chest and hard time with diaphramatic breathing, bending over with feet on floor helps me breath better and slower. I also have mitro valve prolapse n sleep apnea
When tests were fine 6 months ago, it was a relief. How often should I have the same tests done to be sure its nothing more than anxiety/hormonal changes? Should I ask for hormonal blood tests taken? These attacks happen approx every half hour while calm, snf week b4 period its constant severe attacks. Should I be concerned with angina (or similar), or would this have been ruled out 6 months ago with the cardiac tests?

Did you find this post helpful?
|