Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Anxiety and Stress Question

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
User Profile
Hi,

I suffered once from low bloodsugar and feel of fainting so I stuck in a traffic jam and was worried that I will pass out in the street especially when I didnt have my phone on me to call somebody!! So after that I started avoiding traffic jams!! Anyway, I saw a psychiatrist and he prescribed me Danxit and Celepra 20 mg I took them for about 2 years and left Celepra 6 months ago and stayed on deanxit on 1 a day!!!

After quitting celepra specifically after 1 month! I started having bad thoughts such as slaping my brother or telling somebody old to shut up etc... Never did them of course!

The thoughts didnt bother me and they were not so frequent until I read about OCD and I freaked out and started having them more frequently!!

Could this be a side effect of deanxit? I took OCD test and it was negative because I dont have any other symptoms of OCD apart from these thoughts.

Please note that I moved recently to the US
Im still unemployed and living in a great emptiness

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 17th, 2016
Anxiety and Stress Answer A57213
Welcome to e health forum.

It is more likely that you are feeling overwhelmed by anxiety, due to the stress of being unemployed and other personal problems.

This is a very common issue and you should not worry about having severe psychiatric issues .

But, it would still be recommended that you consult your doctor and seek counselling to manage your stress and anxiety.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Tags: Anxiety, Stress
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.