Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

anxiety, acid reflux and pancreas problem?

Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
It's been a while since I've posted on this website. I have had acid reflux for about four years now and have been on omeporazole. I get very agitated and sometimes have shortness of breath. Everything stresses me out!!! I can't seem to get it together. For the last year I have been feeling really bad pains in the upper left stomach area all the way through to the back. I have read some info about pancreas problems and are now afraid I might have acute or chronic pancreatis, also. I hate feeling like this and I will schedule a doctor's appt, but does anyone have any advice on the matter or have the same problems? Is there hope? Please help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2008
Experienced User
Yes, there is hope!

Have you been diagnosed with GERD ? Do you think that acid reflux is triggered mainly by the stress and anxiety you are experiencing? OR have you tried changing your diet? As heartburn and acid reflux can be triggered by some foods, you might want to look into changing your diet. Here's a guide for eating to avoid heartburn:

http://www.heartburnalliance.org/pdfs/stop andselect.pdf
|

replied October 10th, 2008
Thank you!
Thank you so much for your response. I do have a lot of anxiety and stress which adds to the problem, I'm sure. I haven't changed my diet as well as I should have and I know that's part of the problem. I am afraid now, though, because I'm starting to hurt on my upper left side under the ribs and it shoots through to the back. I get a full sensation after eating only one bite. I have all the other anxiety pains. I get headaches (always have, though), my jaws hurt from clenching down at night and I get pain shooting down my arms on occasion. I know these symptoms have been related to both acid reflux and anxiety and I just want to feel better. I feel like I've permanently damaged my pancreas or something now, due to taking the acid reflux meds for so long. I do need to change my diet, but I am afraid I have caused irreversible damage to myself.
|

replied October 11th, 2008
Anxiety, acid reflux and pancreas problems
Everybody that I have every talk to in the last 30 years talk about having
Anxiety, Stress Gurd, upset stomach, and all of the years of eating wrong
it no wonder that we have a stomach. I had acid Refluf for over 12 years and
I thought i would die. But when I performed a procedure that anyone can learn
and maybe you can get well. go to (SWIFTY) PROFILE on this form and go to a
website and search it out. This procedure is GUARNTEE to work if not it want
cost you a penny. Also MOM123 this procedure will help you to relax Guarntee. I may git thrown off of this Forum by telling this much.
|
Users who thank Swifty for this post: Roxie2 

replied October 30th, 2008
Acid Reflux
Hello Mom123,

Before you go to a doctor and he puts you on a prescription drug, let me put you in touch with a friend of mind who reversed her condition in a short while using a nutritional product.No obligation to buy anything. Just hear her story and then make up your mind.
|

replied October 30th, 2008
Hello Mom123,
Have them check for a hiatal hernia.
|

replied May 15th, 2009
Acid Reflux
Not to scare you but when I was 13 I had awful acid reflux for days to the point where my mom took me to the ER. From there I was diagnosed with diabetes. Diabetes when your pancreas stops the production of insulin...I do not know if it is related.
|