Medical Questions > Cancer > Lung Cancer Forum

anus cuts

Must Read
Start here for facts about lung cancer. We help you understand lung anatomy and outline the different types of lung cancer that doctors diagnose....
Doctors know that smoking tobacco damages the lungs. But does smoking cause lung cancer? And are smoker more at risk of lung cancer than non-smokers? More here....
Early lung cancer symptoms can be difficult to spot. Learn how to identify signs and symptoms and know when to seek medical help for lung cancer here....
to whom it may concern I have small cuts around my anus especially up near the hole I use medical cream on them and they go away but they always seem to come back I wish to know what I can do for this or is this some sign of something I am 61 years old thank you would like some answer to this problen chuck fitzgerald.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Small tears or splits in the lining of the anus (anal mucosa) near the anal opening are known as anal fissures.
They are usually harmless complication of difficult bowel movements.
Straining to pass a stool, having constipation and passing a hard, dry stool, chronic diarrhea are the most common causes for these tears to appear.
Rough or excessive wiping of the anus after passing a motion, inflammation of the anus and rectum due to inflammatory bowel disease are additional causes.
Rarely, they may indicate presence of rectal/anal cancer.
Anal fissures tend to heal on their own within a couple of weeks, but, if the underlying cause isn't solved (like constipation), they'll tend to reappear.
Because they are usually associated with severe pain during defecation and afterwards, anal muscles are contracting leading to decreased blood flow in this area, resulting in incomplete healing or chronic fissures.
Try soaking in a shallow tub of warm water (sitz bath) 2 or 3 times a day, increase fiber in diet, drink plenty of water, and use a nonprescription ointment such as zinc oxide, Preparation H, Anusol, or 1% hydrocortisone to soothe anal tissues.
Practice anal cleaning with water and soap after every defecation to avoid infection of the injured area.

If home treatments aren't helpful and tears reappear again, see your physician (surgery is an option for recurrent tears).

Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied July 19th, 2010
Anal Cuts
Hi i am suffering from the same symptoms too for the past 18 months now. they seem to go away after using medically prescribed creams from my local gp. i have also attended numerous gastroenterology clinic and am becoming concerned about the whole issue now. ugh i will i be suffering from this for life now? i eat loads of fiber. salads milk n plenty of water and now thinking about undergoing some sort of surgery. D
does a surgery exist even?
|
Quick Reply